Home Match Day Thread +++ 01/01/2018 OUFC v MK Dons match day thread +++

Okay, yesterday was much improved and our best performance of the xmas break.

Positives:

Aaron Martin has been our best player for the last 3 games (amazing what an actual pair of studs can do for you). Pleased for him as pretty much everyone had written him off and he’s showing what a dependable footballer he is.

We scored 3 goals. Can’t sniff at that.

It was a better all round performance. A little bit of quality added to the spirit and fight which was shown against Bradford.

However....

I believe today’s performance merely papers over the cracks. MK were awful. They were looking for Agard in behind so often and the weight of pass was terrible. Their goalie has gifted us both GVK and Obika’s goals. They will be scrapping for their lives in a few months.

Our tactics are still round. People talk about a high press during that game. Sorry, that happened infrequently as opposed to being the tactic. We are still sitting way too deep at home. We arnt in the opposition faces.

GVK is an awful footballer, yet is somehow loved. Don’t get me wrong, I chant his name when he scores, or when he does his off the ball stuff (which was superb against Bradford and good again today) but he does not have a football brain. For their goal he told Richardinho to go towards the man nearest corner, so GVK could then be spare and do nothing. That isn’t good enough. His all round play is poor.

Richardinho. Stupid. For Pep to say there was no malice in that shows again how out of his depth he is. Does he think we are all stupid? Anyone could say it was a ‘revenge tackle’ for 3 seconds previous.

Our attacking play is not incisive enough. Obika has played okay last couple of weeks but in reality he isn’t that good. He does that rollover he loves, but he makes so many bad decisions.

Against better sides, we will be beaten playing like that. I’m pleased we got the 3 points. I am actually firmly still behind DE. The programme notes are good enough for me. If he says we’re buying in 2 or 3 and we’re going back to the young English lads who have a point to prove and we are looking at pace, then that is good enough for me. At least our chairman is seeing the same things we all are.

The manager still remains the issue at the moment for me.
Good points well made. 3/4 home L1 wins were against very poor sides.

Back
Top Bottom