Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Sunderland

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 37 40.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It rather is yes when they come in such a short space of time.
To be fair the players have had a free week rotation is fine when your playing Tuesday Saturday but when you’ve had a free week surely you don’t need to rotate to much

Yes, but also players should be able to ‘earn’ starts, in my view. Sykes, for example, worked hard and played well against Lincoln and I’m not sure what message it sends if he’s then dropped
It happens all of the time these days. To the extent that they probably don't see it as dropped.
I agree with Sykes, but we are likely to be far more under the cosh against Sunderland than against Lincoln so I would personally pick Gorrin.

Controlling the McGeady supply to the head of Wyke is key. They seem to score alot from free kicks curled into the box.
i would certainly take a draw. Micky’s emotional final farewell today so a win would be a great memorial to a top bloke.

In their last ten league games, Sunderland have won eight and drawn two. They also won the Pizza Trophy in that span.

Forget Lincoln, the Mackems are as good as Hull right now. So we're going to have to up our game significantly to get anything out of tomorrow.

Hell, they've always had good players. It's just their last several managers haven't been able to get them to play......
If we're going by the same logic that was used about us earlier in the year, though, that run was pretty generous in terms of fixtures. If you break it down none of the results are particularly impressive.

Winning at Fratton Park looks decent on paper, but that was Pompey's third loss in a row at that point. Seems it was a good time to play them.
Beating Donny 4-1 looks good, but then that was the second of four losses in five games for them in the buildup to Darren Moore's departure. Again, a good time to play them.
They've beaten an Accrington side in freefall, scraped 1-0 wins against relegation candidates Bristol and Swindon, and drawn at home against a Lincoln side we've just beaten reasonably comfortably.

Those games still need to be won, of course, and you can only beat what's put in front of you etc. And putting away sides with consistency is a skill in itself. But there's nothing in that run that really makes me think we can't go there on Friday with a real chance of getting something.

I've only just recovered from my visit to Sunderland in the '90s when we lost 7-0. Great stadium but a horrible experience. Not just the result but the treatment of the fans. We were herded like cattle and treated like criminals. The only redeeming feature of the day, a Sunderland fan said "If it's any consolation you're better than S***don".

Never have I vacillated so much over an outcome. We were in form then out, in, out and back in again. Depends which Oxford turns up, depends which Sunderland turns up. We've had a rest, but from memory, we often don't perform very well after a rest. Just don't know.

Hoping for a win though, obviously!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom