Away Match Day Thread 02/10/2021 L1: Sheffield Wednesday v OUFC

So glad my wife and I went to Hillsborough, a good old fashioned stadium. Superb first half performance from the Yellows ( blacks). So many played well and we looked a top side despite the covid related absences. Wednesday got more into it after Kane went off but we still created opportunities. A fantastic win and the away support was awesome…there must have been 1800+ there. for Yorkshire games I fully recommend a couple of nights staying near Chesterfield. Great access to Peak District and Dales and cheaper there.

So glad my wife and I went to Hillsborough, a good old fashioned stadium. Superb first half performance from the Yellows ( blacks). So many played well and we looked a top side despite the covid related absences. Wednesday got more into it after Kane went off but we still created opportunities. A fantastic win and the away support was awesome…there must have been 1800+ there. for Yorkshire games I fully recommend a couple of nights staying near Chesterfield. Great access to Peak District and Dales and cheaper there.
We have got to sort our away strip out! The black and white didn’t look great and was actually more of a visual clash with Wednesday than our home kit would have been.

Yeah, watching on the highlights, it was quite hard to differentiate without some effort!

Karl got that 100% correct today - made even more impressive by the covid outbreak and traffic before the game. Correct team setup, correct subs at the correct time, and every single player played their socks off. We had a wobble in September but we're starting to look like a really good side. Well done to the players, and huge credit to the 1500 or so fans who outsang the 18,000 of Wednesday the entire 90 minutes.
I agree, KR got everything right.

I'll admit, recently I've been starting to lose a bit of faith in his tactical nous, and ability to set his teams up correctly, but in the last couple of games, he's got his lineups and tactics bang on, and managed the games brilliantly, and for that I applaud him 👏👏

Let's hope this week has reignited our season, and we can now start dreaming of promotion again...

A 'final' word on covid vaccinations; they do not prevent you catching the virus, nor do they prevent you passing it on. They do , however, soften the side-effects, particularly viral pneumonia which happened to me last October. After isolating religiously for six months, I and my wife went out for a government supported half price meal and both ended up with covid, I would not wish it on anyone!!
We had the vaccinations as soon as we were eligible and I am now booked in for the booster next week. I expect to suffer minor side-effects again but they will be nothing compared to the full-blown effects.
OK, it is personal choice and I have no arguement with that, but it should be remembered that the majority of current hospital cases are unvaccinated.

May have missed this but how serious is Kane’s injury?
It looked like a hamstring injury to me,hope he’s fit for Plymouth we certainly look a better team with him playing

It looked like a hamstring injury to me,hope he’s fit for Plymouth we certainly look a better team with him playing
KR said that they think that they caught it early and so hope that it isn't too bad.
I guess that we will find out in the next couple of days.
Agree that we are a much better team with him in it

It was hopefully only a tweak but will be scanned Monday. Should be available for Plymouth unless there's hidden damage.

We used to use a all yellow kit when playing sides with blue in there’s didn’t we?

This is absolutely fascinating viewing from 13 minutes onwards. The karl pilkington of Wednesday. His greenhouse has a hole in it. I actually found myself liking him and hoping he’s ok…! Bleeding faff lad . Have a brew before yee go round the twist

"Sandwich maker. Sandwich artists. f**k off." This guy needs his own radio show. Hope he's ok to work on Monday.

This video shows how important football is to many and how mental health can be affected when the one thing you want doesn't happen. Hope he's ok and gets some fuel this week.

This is absolutely fascinating viewing from 13 minutes onwards. The karl pilkington of Wednesday. His greenhouse has a hole in it. I actually found myself liking him and hoping he’s ok…! Bleeding faff lad . Have a brew before yee go round the twist

I think he was more angry his greenhouse had a hole in it and it was pissing down with rain he actually seemed a decent lad just abit of a fruit cake

Is he a dinosaur, has football moved on .....he’ll find out in the not to distant future when a few known clubs turn up.

"Sandwich maker. Sandwich artists. f**k off." This guy needs his own radio show. Hope he's ok to work on Monday.

This video shows how important football is to many and how mental health can be affected when the one thing you want doesn't happen. Hope he's ok and gets some fuel this week.
His pre-match observations are also well worth listening to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom