Away Match Day Thread 1/5/2021 L1 Shrewsbury Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
She just said on Quest that Blackpool cemented their play off place... they haven't.

They lose both and we win, then we would go above them on goals scored, whatever the scores.
Blackpool could lose both but score enough goals in defeat to be above us on goals scored - very unlikely but not impossible.

Don't forget, Blackpool could easily lose against Doncasterlona on Tuesday and end up being in the mix as well.

Stop that now.

They play Brizzle 'really s**t' Roverz on the last day, and they'll only need a point.

So Oxford have taken 12 points of the last 15 available and Burton have taken 6, yet you say we have no chance because Burton have been in great form 🤣🤣🤣

Couldn’t make it up.

Yes, it is a tough fixture, but writing us off is a bit odd.
Good point. It would be similar to writhing us on in the final because the opposition had just won both legs of the semi final. Still nervous for Sunday though!

Stevens deserves a medal for keeping us in it right at the death, absolutely fantastic shot stopping! Obviously it’s Pompeys to lose now really but stranger things have happened! Accrington have featured in our history a couple of times.

I reckon (unfortunately) we’ll just miss out with both us and Portsmouth getting three points. Some of those missed chances earlier in the season coming back to bite us.

Can’t fault the players though for fighting right to the death. Let’s see what next week brings!!

Blackpool could lose both but score enough goals in defeat to be above us on goals scored - very unlikely but not impossible.
They would have to score at least 17 goals in the two defeats. I would think no team has ever done that before.

And lose both by just one goal.

Blackpool are in the play offs, they have two games to get one point. They will get that considering who they are playing and the fact they are a decent team. Charlton won’t get enough points even with two wins (can’t see them winning both with their firm and who they are playing as one out of us or Pompey will win. So it really is a two horse race, but we need Accrington to do us a big favour and win ourselves, I can see us winning but can also see Pompey winning, it will end up 2-1 to Pompey with them getting a late winner breaking our hearts.

It won’t be as fitting as getting to Wembley and then not tea turning up last year though if it does play out that way.

Would you rather miss out by one point, or lose a playoff semi final? Or the final?

Would you rather miss out by one point, or lose a playoff semi final? Or the final?
I’d rather lose the playoff final out of the three - I want us to do as well as possible, whatever that means. Out of those three, the ‘most successful’ is losing the playoff final. Don’t get me wrong, that would probably hurt more than missing out by a point, but to be playoff finalists two seasons in a row is a great run and shows success, whereas to be playoff finalists then not even make the playoffs the next season is a decline, one which might carry on the next season...

Definitely miss out by a point. Im a fan of the concept of the play offs, for the drama of it If youre neutral. It also keeps the season interesting for a lot more teams right until the last day, giving them a chance of promotion. But its only fun for the winning team. For the other three teams its a real shitter to be honest..

Stevens deserves a medal for keeping us in it right at the death, absolutely fantastic shot stopping! Obviously it’s Pompeys to lose now really but stranger things have happened! Accrington have featured in our history a couple of times.

I reckon (unfortunately) we’ll just miss out with both us and Portsmouth getting three points. Some of those missed chances earlier in the season coming back to bite us.

Can’t fault the players though for fighting right to the death. Let’s see what next week brings!!

Just watched the extended highlights. It may be my eyesight an optical illusion but it looks like the shot for JS's 2nd save took a deflection off our player on its way which makes it an even better save.

She just said on Quest that Blackpool cemented their play off place... they haven't.

They lose both and we win, then we would go above them on goals scored, whatever the scores.
Avoid that absolute pit of a show at all costs. They haven't got a clue.

Shrews Reaction :

The classic line "I'm not making excuses but" is said a lot in those interviews. Their coach is basically saying we won because we didn't play midweek, they did and therefore they tired. Horseshit as we've had that same situation plenty of times this season (and last) and still, at least, matched the opposition for fitness over the whole game, even when playing Saturday/Tuesday multiple weeks in a row.

Edit: Also nice to see KR and the coaching staff made a point of congratulating a young lad on his debut.

The only way we can get over that what happened last season is to go one better this season if we don’t make it tho I hope Blackpool go up beating Sunderland in the final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom