Away Match Day Thread 1/5/2021 L1 Shrewsbury Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The classic line "I'm not making excuses but" is said a lot in those interviews. Their coach is basically saying we won because we didn't play midweek, they did and therefore they tired. Horseshit as we've had that same situation plenty of times this season (and last) and still, at least, matched the opposition for fitness over the whole game, even when playing Saturday/Tuesday multiple weeks in a row.

Edit: Also nice to see KR and the coaching staff made a point of congratulating a young lad on his debut.
Is that the same way that we dropped points earlier in the season having to squeeze in more games than other sides?

Is that the same way that we dropped points earlier in the season having to squeeze in more games than other sides?

I'd say we weren't particularly good/weakened team through injuries in those games rather than losing because we were supposedly tired.

Just watched the extended highlights. It may be my eyesight an optical illusion but it looks like the shot for JS's 2nd save took a deflection off our player on its way which makes it an even better save.
Isn't that the one that Hanson clipped with his head as it went over?

It looked like it came off the leg of our player trying to block the shot.
My mistake, the first one came off Hanson's head. Couldn't see anything with the second but wouldn't be surprised. Just bloody amazing that Jack got to both of them. Season over if not.
That must be so good for Jack's morale and for his self confidence. Some more skills in distribution and we have a very good keeper in the making. It sounds as though we have another prospect coming through the ranks as well so well done the coaches.

Charlton fans rueing the penalty miss at ours, ( Stevens magnificent save) costing them a place.
It's swings and roundabouts, how about our misses, ...losing against Northampton, swine, Henry's pen miss, if we'd got a point or two we'd be up there.

Charlton fans rueing the penalty miss at ours, ( Stevens magnificent save) costing them a place.
It's swings and roundabouts, how about our misses, ...losing against Northampton, swine, Henry's pen miss, if we'd got a point or two we'd be up there.

A point or two wouldn’t have made any difference if it wasn’t for Dan coming on to put us 3-2 up or Jack with 2 worldy saves.

As you say, swings and roundabouts.

No point thinking about if and buts. We have had that work both ways. We will finish where we deserve to. Hopefully that will be 6th.
Even if Pompey finish 6th in my opinion that’s a poor season for them as they were planning for automatic promotion.

Anyway, wot, no Burton build up thread yet. Could be our last game of the season so milk the hell out of it.

Elephant in the room. Swindon biggest achievement this season is the 5 minutes that may have denied us a play off place. That’s worth another mug

Elephant in the room. Swindon biggest achievement this season is the 5 minutes that may have denied us a play off place. That’s worth another mug

If we miss out by a point, then there'll be dozens of 'What If' moments we can point to.

But losing, at home, to the worst side in the league, after going in at halftime ahead and coasting, is the most egregious one for me. Made ten times worse because it was them and it broke our streak.......

(of course if we hadn't lost to the Scum after an Eastwood howler, then Stevens may not have gotten the call, we might not have gone on a nine-game winning streak and we might have finished 20 points off the playoffs, so there's not much point going nuts over 'What Ifs'!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom