Away Match Day Thread +++ 10/03/18 AFC Wimbledon v OUFC +++

Lets hope we don’t have scenes like what occurred at West Ham today over the state of what’s happening at our club

Ardley made 2 subs that won the game for them. Faz made 2 subs that lost the game for us.

There were some decent individual performances . Dickie, Kane and Brannigan all ok. As was Obika - certainly compared to the disastrous replacements .

I am not going to slate the players too much - we deserved a point.

What I am going to slate is the club. Leaderless, rudderless, total inertia.

No one has a clue what is going on.

We spend good money to follow our team round the country and we are being treated for mugs.

To have no new manager for six/seven weeks is verging on the criminal - whatever the ownership issues.

Better that a sinner repenteth, and all that, Tim. But it would have had a bit more guts about it if said when your great hero was showing his sterling leadership qualities in January and February, when you were still convinced that a team which had been collecting a point a game for 20 matches or more was a decent, solid outfit that was providing a platform for improvement next year.
The truth is that fans have been taken for mugs, as you say. Not by poor old Tiger - the chap has hardly parked his size 5s under the table yet. Nope, taken for mugs (probably Tiger included) for a year or more by someone who increasingly felt he could say and do anything and still never be 'called' on it. Indeed, even successfully demand to be THANKED for it!!
Whatever his provenance and finances, Tiger now has a man's job to do. And, like it or not, he just is going to need our support. Given the crass way a pink ticket was handed to his predecessor to do whatever he wanted without questioning, what is a few weeks more of unthinking sycophancy between friends?

It got so bad today i wished we had Edwards and Skarz at the full back positions. I have been positive until now but that performance scared me the complaicency and the lack of passion and the alltogther cluenless ness was upsetting.

Dickie Henry and Brannagan were the only highlights and Riccy at least worked hard the rest should be ashamed of themselves and their performance.

We need to get Ricardinho back at left back.

I didn’t think yesterday that we would lose today.

Lose to any of the 3 below us now and we will have serious problems. Like I said above still can’t see many of them going on runs, apart from Rochdale. But if we continue to play like that, with no idea or tactic , then it matters not anyway and we will have got exactly what we deserved
Exactly what Darryl deserves. He has totally messed this whole season up.

Yesterday was a really bad result and there are too many worrying signs on the pitch for me to
be confident that we will amass those ten points we will need.

Brannigan on that showing looks a quality deep lying midfielder with a fantastic passing range
And Rothwell and Hall are needed PDQ. Ricardinho may have to slot back in at left
back - he’s no wide man. IBR not good enough or strong enough at this level.

Make no mistake we lost to a poor side - a really poor side - who changed their shape after
45 mins and basically bullied us. I don’t see us scoring goals and we always look like we have
a soft goal in us to concede. My biggest worry is Faz,however, and i’ve seen nothing to suggest
he can rally the troops and instill any sense of fight and passion from that group. He comes across
as knowledgable,wise and experienced but there’s no hint that the players have improved
or increased their levels of confidence over the past 49 days because Clotet was sacked
seven weeks today! It’s day FIFTY tomorrow.

We can’t go another day without a proper manager in the building - let alone a week leading
up to Peterborough.

It’s a complete mess - a car crash. We look like certs for the drop. An experienced and streetwise
gaffer is required to keep in League One NOW!

Ah well could be worse,the scummers are getting restless.
A bit sad thatt have to go on their forum to cheer myself up.

Well, that was f*****g awful, first 10 aside.

There are absolutely no positives we can take from that whatsoever.
Defense. s**t.
Midfield. s**t.
Attack. s**t.
If that was us with the shackles off, put them back on quickly.

Cheltenham were plain better than us all over the park.

PS.RCC has wrist injury. They probably all do. Wankers.

One bonus, if we don't get promoted then the Pox could well be relegated only 4 points and 5 positions outside the relegation zone.

Lets hope they don't come down, that would be like having a 6 point deduction !

:):):)

Awful performance yesterday - lack of leadership on field and off. Only Tiger’s second game so reserve judgement on which way decisions / investment he makes will take us.

I wouldnt swap places with any of the teams below us right now, it’s still more likely we’ll be in League 1 next year than League 2 ... but it does mean a new manager having a positive impact to change the trend.

The squad is good enough, with the right direction, to get us to safety (and without needing a result at Blackburn on the last day :) )... we’ve got a few of our stronger players to come back in the last eleven games. Thought Branagan and Dickie had good games yesterday, the later especially... Kane also did well - interview aside.

Upfront we are shite - Obika a total waste of space, perhaps one or two decent performances from him all season, I dare say he does ok in the gym, pity the game is played on a football field!

Awful performance yesterday - lack of leadership on field and off. Only Tiger’s second game so reserve judgement on which way decisions / investment he makes will take us.

I wouldnt swap places with any of the teams below us right now, it’s still more likely we’ll be in League 1 next year than League 2 ... but it does mean a new manager having a positive impact to change the trend.

The squad is good enough, with the right direction, to get us to safety (and without needing a result at Blackburn on the last day :) )... we’ve got a few of our stronger players to come back in the last eleven games. Thought Branagan and Dickie had good games yesterday, the later especially... Kane also did well - interview aside.

Upfront we are shite - Obika a total waste of space, perhaps one or two decent performances from him all season, I dare say he does ok in the gym, pity the game is played on a football field!

Watched on ifollow, agree with pretty much all of that.

Despite all the negativity and our own poor performance i still think we dominated the majority of the game and were a better team than AFCW. Stats from BBC also agree. Dons had 3 shots on target and scored 2, one of which was (not) a penalty. Nothing going our way at the moment.

Need to see some character. The likes of Ricky, Dickie, Brannagan, Kane and Ledson, Mousinho (despite his form). They are the ones that are going to save us.

Last edited:
Just seen the replay again awful penalty decision. However Eastwood needs to seriously look at himself for the second goal and dickie just seemed to stop playing and claim offside and god knows where the left back was. That was no better on second viewing and i thought wimbledon marginally deserved the win. A draw would have been fairer. But there were 8 shameful performances yesterday and a manager with no clue!

Just seen the replay again awful penalty decision. However Eastwood needs to seriously look at himself for the second goal and dickie just seemed to stop playing and claim offside and god knows where the left back was. That was no better on second viewing and i thought wimbledon marginally deserved the win. A draw would have been fairer. But there were 8 shameful performances yesterday and a manager with no clue!

You're right about the second goal, seen from this viewpoint it doesn't look any better I'm afraid:

Back
Top Bottom