Away Match Build Up 11/8/2021 Burton Albion v OUFC Carabao ( EF League) Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s fine, everyone. Scotchers will come on here soon and defend the indefensible.
No Scotchers will come on here and show why some are being ridiculous!

The headline could have easily read;

"Oxford at near full strength for cup opener"

Followed by the comment;

Karl explained that it was always the intention to introduce McNally and Mous into the cup games and with Elliot Moore feeling unwell after Saturday's game, it will be him to make way. Whilst there is good news with Nathan Holland set to make his first start since resigning, Sam Long will continue to build his fitness following his period of covid isolation. Karl is looking to avoid the issues he's had over the last 2 seasons where players have been brought back to early only to then have further absences soon after

On the transfer front, Oxford are still working to bring in defensive cover but are waiting for the right players. Robinson said "we know who we want and are confident of getting the deal through in the next week. It's unfortunate that they're not already in the building but with over 50 games to play I'd rather have the best player possible for 45 of them even if we have to shuffle in these opening games." However Karl was quick to praise those who have stepped in. "Forde was excellent on Saturday and he really adds another dimension with his set piece delivery. Also Jordan already looks settled and brings a lot of experience from a fairly young player. Luke McNally will learn a lot from playing alongside Jordan this week".

Blimey we're one game down and already smatterings of the first forum meltdown [emoji28]

The issue we've got at the minute with regards to signing defensive cover is that it's very obvious we're signing to be understudy to an established first teamer which means a lot of players won't be interested - especially as the back line is what you want to be rotating the least. Leaves us in a tricky spot when Covid sweeps through and wrecks our pre-season. Fingers cross Moore is back for Saturday and Long isn't too much further, although I have faith that McNally will perform.
Yep, fingers crossed...

Can somebody tell me why our game tomorrow and not tonight

Burton share stewards with another team playing tonight so have to delay it until tomorrow.

Burton share stewards with another team playing tonight so have to delay it until tomorrow.
I believe they share with derby .., im watching derby vs Salford and there is hardly anyone there and I believe Burton are only opening two stands tomorrow so why couldn’t they use stewards for both games tonight bloody tinpot

It’s fine, everyone. Scotchers will come on here soon and defend the indefensible.
Even if we lose, Scotch Smeg will come on here and spout something about the opposition didn't actually win the game, and neither did they score more goals than us, as we bought on Sam Winnall who is a game changer, and we were actually the better team especially when Big Sam came on, didn't get an assist and didn't score... Oh, and Kelly tore them a new one in midfield... Ad nauseam...

Even if we lose, Scotch Smeg will come on here and spout something about the opposition didn't actually win the game, and neither did they score more goals than us, as we bought on Sam Winnall who is a game changer, and we were actually the better team especially when Big Sam came on, didn't get an assist and didn't score... Oh, and Kelly tore them a new one in midfield... Ad nauseam...
Bit nasty tbh

18 months without watching live football (apart from a fleeting glimpse before xmas), the negative comments on the forum since Saturday are quite staggering
Vote with your feet and get to the games.
90 minutes is a long time in a game of football and players in this league can not perform consistently for the whole game let alone week in week out, if they could they would be playing in a higher league.
There were lots to enjoy Saturday, we were cruising and just needed that 2nd goal, get the 2nd goal, go on and win the game and there would still be fcuking moaners on here.
Get yourself to the Burton game and then and only then post your thoughts and criticisms on here on the forum, stay away from the game then don’t post anything about the game as you will only be swayed by rumours which will cloud your judgements..
If anyone would like to disagree with my comments I will be the one hanging the Lincoln Yellow flag up on one of the barriers in the away end at Burton around 7.15pm on Wednesday evening as I did at Cambridge and will be pleased to take and answer any questions on this matter.
Give the backing to the team and the back room staff whatever the result.
No team goes out to lose a game of football.
See you tomorrow.

No Scotchers will come on here and show why some are being ridiculous!

The headline could have easily read;

"Oxford at near full strength for cup opener"

Followed by the comment;

Karl explained that it was always the intention to introduce McNally and Mous into the cup games and with Elliot Moore feeling unwell after Saturday's game, it will be him to make way. Whilst there is good news with Nathan Holland set to make his first start since resigning, Sam Long will continue to build his fitness following his period of covid isolation. Karl is looking to avoid the issues he's had over the last 2 seasons where players have been brought back to early only to then have further absences soon after

On the transfer front, Oxford are still working to bring in defensive cover but are waiting for the right players. Robinson said "we know who we want and are confident of getting the deal through in the next week. It's unfortunate that they're not already in the building but with over 50 games to play I'd rather have the best player possible for 45 of them even if we have to shuffle in these opening games." However Karl was quick to praise those who have stepped in. "Forde was excellent on Saturday and he really adds another dimension with his set piece delivery. Also Jordan already looks settled and brings a lot of experience from a fairly young player. Luke McNally will learn a lot from playing alongside Jordan this week".

So now, you really are making it up as you go. Unbelievable.

U's head coach Robinson said: “Elliott Moore’s got a chest infection, we were really worried with him over the weekend.

“We can’t risk Sam Long, we’re still monitoring one or two things so he’s not going to be in the squad.

“Michael Elechi, who had Covid, is not back in until Thursday, so we’re very light on defenders.

“We’re very bare-bones when it comes to the back four, but our front three and our midfield three will be strong.”

One piece of good news is that Nathan Holland is set to feature after missing Saturday’s League One opener at Cambridge United as he was self-isolating, with Robinson hoping the on-loan winger can play 30 minutes.

And as one of the very few supporters who has actually seen Yoav Sade play (against Huddersfield U23s away) I really can't see him being in the squad, LCP would be a better option as reserve RB or LB.

Nasty, why? He continually blathers on here, and derides anyone who doesn't share his opinion.
You're obviously either new to the forum or have a worse memory than me (which is hard to do); Charlie's Ghost (in all iterations of his name) derided; Scotchers sometimes gives as good as he gets. Given that there are so many bloody pessimists on here (or do they come out only after a defeat or draw?) that I'm delighted that there are at least a few who want to provide a counter position. and 93.75 of Oxford fans agree with me. (OK, not 100% of them, but I'm willing to bet there's a fair few...perhaps not exactly 93,75%, though.)

So now, you really are making it up as you go. Unbelievable.

U's head coach Robinson said: “Elliott Moore’s got a chest infection, we were really worried with him over the weekend.

“We can’t risk Sam Long, we’re still monitoring one or two things so he’s not going to be in the squad.

“Michael Elechi, who had Covid, is not back in until Thursday, so we’re very light on defenders.

“We’re very bare-bones when it comes to the back four, but our front three and our midfield three will be strong.”

One piece of good news is that Nathan Holland is set to feature after missing Saturday’s League One opener at Cambridge United as he was self-isolating, with Robinson hoping the on-loan winger can play 30 minutes.

Of course I was making it up!!! I was showing and the situation could be viewed very differently if you wanted to look for a positive version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom