Away Match Build Up 11/8/2021 Burton Albion v OUFC Carabao ( EF League) Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm....a makeshift defence two games in....we have to get some more defenders in ASAP!

Moore has a chest infection and played through it against Cambridge so hopefully it's just him being rested. I agree we need another CB quickly though.

options in defence for tomorrows cup game- Mouse , McNally or Hanson in at CB? Forde, Sade or Hanson at RB?

options in defence for tomorrows cup game- Mouse , McNally or Hanson in at CB? Forde, Sade or Hanson at RB?

Hanson's out long term.

Would think McNally & Forde.

Hanson's out long term.

Would think McNally & Forde.

Seddon ,Thorniley , McNally/Mous , Forde.

Not sure what options we have on the bench though to cover.

We all knew there was a question mark over defensive cover, I don't think any of us envisaged the brown stuff hitting the fan quite so early in the season.
I had hoped to hear of an incoming player this week but, as nothing has yet been heard from any source, it looks doubtful.
I don't like the sound of McNally getting short of breath post Covid, that is a real warning sign of ongoing issues. And, what is going on with Sam? Thankfully we do have Seddon, Thorniley and can arrange cover from Forde but, Mous on the bench, already? Elechi has potential but looked suspect in pre-season.
But hey, Holland is back (for 30 minutes?)
Not too fussed about the Carabou, it's Saturday that is the big one. Charlton will not be easy.

So, why are we still short defensively when it's been known since last season we need adequate cover. It really is very bad from the club/manager to be in this position.

So, why are we still short defensively when it's been known since last season we need adequate cover. It really is very bad from the club/manager to be in this position.

Yeah but at least we can name a full bench consisting entirely of wingers without detriment to the starting XI.

Agreed. It is very poor indeed. One chest infection and a (hopefully) minor injury and we are scrabbling about looking for a defence. For all of the good signings we have made, there is serious imbalance in the squad.

It’s the same as last season with the defence surely KR / scouting team could find a couple of CB and RB/LB cover

Except that McNally, apparently, gets short of breath. And, doesn't that give us two left footed CBs?
I’m sure everyone on planet earth gets short of breath, when training at a high intensity? This is ridiculous. Are we that paranoid about the state of our players, that we now worry about them having bloody asthma!? He’s a professional sportsman, not Bob down the Red Lion having a kick about…

Scrambling about for a defence? [emoji28]

Forde to come in at RB and McNally to partner Thorniley at CB. Pretty f*****g simple isn’t it? Blimey..
And if we had the cover for all those out of the picture we'd be way over squad limit....it isn't good but it's a temporary glitch and am glad I don't have to sort it out!

Blimey we're one game down and already smatterings of the first forum meltdown 😅

The issue we've got at the minute with regards to signing defensive cover is that it's very obvious we're signing to be understudy to an established first teamer which means a lot of players won't be interested - especially as the back line is what you want to be rotating the least. Leaves us in a tricky spot when Covid sweeps through and wrecks our pre-season. Fingers cross Moore is back for Saturday and Long isn't too much further, although I have faith that McNally will perform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom