Home Match Day Thread 11/9/2021 L1: OUFC V Wycombe Wanderers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the ‘Wycombe don’t have any money’ stopped being true when the American owner came on board. They then became comparatively quite a well off club but use the ‘woe is me’ attitude as it helps them.
But when did the American owner come on board? As they made all their non playing staff redundant

I think the ‘Wycombe don’t have any money’ stopped being true when the American owner came on board. They then became comparatively quite a well off club but use the ‘woe is me’ attitude as it helps them.
Buying wycombe wanderers is surely the absolute marker of someone who has more money than sense.

If they got to the PL they still wouldn't get 10k fans.

Maybe he thought he was buying a company which actually sold tin pots

To be fair, buying any football club at our level suggests that. I'm glad some do though.
I wonder how many investors have actually made money from buying a football club, Mike Ashley springs to mind but even that may not be correct. And Firoz Cashscam of course

To be fair, buying any football club at our level suggests that. I'm glad some do though.
Any club in the Thames Valley has potential, wealthy area, kids to turn into fans, etc. But it’s not quick easy money and Wycombe can hardly be attractive to floating voters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom