Away Match Day Thread +++ 12/03/2019 Rochdale v OUFC match day thread +++

Mackie admitted on rad ox that he had to 'be careful' on tues to avoid another yellow card n earn a ban on tues at Rochdale....so why did KR pick him to start the game if he was metaphorically hamstrung ? .... amnesty since tues night on accrued yellows, guess, if selected, Mackie will be back up to his usual shithousery Saturdayay, with no worries of a ban due to yellow cards totting up?

On OUFC website, under "Rochdale reaction" Robbo's comment is … "we dominated the game ..".
According to BBC Football analysis, the stats show:-
Possession Rochdale 54% Us 46%
Shots 11 to our 10
Corners 10 to our 8
It does say shots on target Rochdale 3 to our 5 (Can't remember any on target, certainly not 5. Is hitting the bar on target?)
What we were best at was though, great last ditch defensive tackles and goalkeeping saves eg Nelson * 2 and Eastwood *2. I can't recall their defence making a last ditch tackle or their goalie making a brilliant save.
So can we conclude Robbo's comment was deluded in telly-tubby land as usual.

KR has not done himself any favours with some of the crap he comes out with but I think this season has been pretty much a season of fine margins which have gone pretty much all the wrong way for whatever reason!
Luton at home for example we matched pretty much until Baptiste got sent off.
So many people bang on about not scoring enough goals (some because of one up top) and I do see why this is always brought up as we should be scoring more but if that were the case we’d be top 6! Apart from the top 7 I think the top scorers have 47 goals, we have 43, so we can hardly use this as an excuse. Surely it’s the defensive errors or the not scoring when on top (Burton away comes to mind) that at the end of the day dictates where we are at present.
I agree with this on the most part, and a lot of those 'fine margins' aren't exactly KR's fault - to use a fairly recent example, had any one of our three shots that hit the woodwork gone in against Barnsley, we'd have been out of sight (you can argue 'we should have held on, it's KR's fault we didn't' but that doesnt detract from the fact that we set up perfectly and should have been out of sight by that point). But equally a lot of those 'fine margins' have gone our way, too - I'm thinking scoring an equaliser with the last kick of the game at Donny, or winning at Blackpool because of a worldy of a free kick.

I’ve been one of it seems the few KR backers throughout this season, as in the games I’ve been to I thought I had seen enough to suggest we are on the cusp of being a really quite good team. But fail to win on Saturday and I won’t be too big to come out and say I was wrong. This run of four games following Blackpool I saw as crucial. I was willing to overlook us not picking up points during that tricky January / early Feb period because they were, on paper, tough games, with these four (Scunny, GIlls, Dale and now Bradford) looking like the games to pick up points. But only picking up 7 points (at best) from them would be pretty bad, and any fewer an absolute disaster.

We have what used to be thought of as a championship standard player at CB, a CM who not too long ago was playing for Liverpool in Europe, three wingers who have shown in flashes that they can be too good for this league and a striker rated at £4m by a premier league club, along with a solid supporting cast. That squad absolutely should not be in the relegation places.

Win on Saturday and I think I’ll just about have faith that our home form will keep us up, but anything other than that and I will have definitively lost faith in the manager. (Better late than never, some might say!)

Not trying to start an argument but I cannot understand how you can continue to back a so called manager who cannot seem to motivate, form, coach those good players you mentioned into a side that can trouble Rochdale for 3 points. Or many of the other very poor teams we’ve failed against this season.

I agree with this on the most part, and a lot of those 'fine margins' aren't exactly KR's fault - to use a fairly recent example, had any one of our three shots that hit the woodwork gone in against Barnsley, we'd have been out of sight (you can argue 'we should have held on, it's KR's fault we didn't' but that doesnt detract from the fact that we set up perfectly and should have been out of sight by that point). But equally a lot of those 'fine margins' have gone our way, too - I'm thinking scoring an equaliser with the last kick of the game at Donny, or winning at Blackpool because of a worldy of a free kick.

My only argument to that would be we’d have won more games if the “fine margins” had been more kind.

Not trying to start an argument but I cannot understand how you can continue to back a so called manager who cannot seem to motivate, form, coach those good players you mentioned into a side that can trouble Rochdale for 3 points. Or many of the other very poor teams we’ve failed against this season.

Whytes fault we only drew apparently ?

Back
Top Bottom