Home Match Day Thread 14/8/2021 - L1: OUFC v Charlton Athletic

Worth watching Moments You Missed from the Charlton game. Shows how good Brannagan's close control is and how well we come out of defence. V enjoyable.

I wasn't there but it is lovely to see the crowd back. Hopefully across football in general, the fans at games are more appreciated.

I wasn't there but it is lovely to see the crowd back. Hopefully across football in general, the fans at games are more appreciated.
At the end of the game KR made a point of getting the players right in front of the East Stand to thank the fans. I thought it was a nice touch. I think the players probably do appreciate the support.

A great win in the face of adversity and it’s good to be back although I was fortunate enough to be at the Northampton and Blackpool games.
I think 3 or 4-1 would have been a farer reflection. Williams and Brannagan were outstanding.
I think Agyei would have been a useful sub against their two CB's who both looked slow and ponderous. Thorniley looked assured but a bit vulnerable in the air, Stockley is a handful though. You can see Seddon is a LB whereas Ruffs was a 'manufactured' one. Winnal's miss was just one of those things it happens but I do think that his lack of pace was a contributing factor, any of our other forwards would have got there for a tap in.
All in all a great afternoon on to the next one!!
Edit: Forgot to mention McNally who grew into the game and showed plenty of promise.

Last edited:
At the end of the game KR made a point of getting the players right in front of the East Stand to thank the fans. I thought it was a nice touch. I think the players probably do appreciate the support.
Twas interesting to note how different players responded, ie, which ones 'got it' and applauded the crowd genuinely and which were more interested in chatting and going through the motions.

Back
Top Bottom