Home Match Day Thread +++ 16/03/2019 OUFC v Bradford City match day thread +++

But I think we have nearly all come to the conclusion that Tiger is a poor owner and Robinson a poor manager and that all we can do right now is support the team and hope we get enough points to stay up. The fact that Bradford missed (or maybe a good tackle negated) an excellent chance for them at one end and we scored soon after doesn't change that - it could so easily have been so different. But there is little point about going on about it.

Fine margins ???

what an awful 'blog' or is it vlog? why do these kids think they're sports presenters on youtube
(or is it just me getting a miserable old git and not understanding today's yoof)
Thought the lighting was s**t as well

Hilarious but I think it also confirmed that Ruffles waited for the ball to leave the penalty area
Not sure you can say that when someone's arm blocks the view at the crucial moment. There's a photo which shows the ball just inside the box, although that's not conclusive either as it's not clear if Ruffels was touching the ball at that moment. Also, what constitutes the ball leaving the area? Any part of the ball touching the line, or the whole of the ball over the line?

• React
Reactions: Ian
Fantastic result. If only we convert chances then we would make life so much easier for ourselves, and be well up the table. When we went 442'ish we were more dangerous.
The team need to stay focused this week. There is no reason why we cant get a result next week at Coventry. We should take a good away following.
Haven't been to Coventry since they played at Highfield road, 1982 I think. A lot of things fell from the sky but it wasn't water.

It was seats that were ripped out and fell from the sky that afternoon at Highfield Road - a terrible day all round.

Not sure you can say that when someone's arm blocks the view at the crucial moment. There's a photo which shows the ball just inside the box, although that's not conclusive either as it's not clear if Ruffels was touching the ball at that moment. Also, what constitutes the ball leaving the area? Any part of the ball touching the line, or the whole of the ball over the line?

Iirc, the line is part of the area so the ball would still be in the area.

Well it appeared that Ruffles was moving out of the area allowing the ball too travel out before he touched it, but to be honest I couldn’t give a s**t we got three points

Last edited:
Given myself some time to reflect on the game and a few things that were pleasing and stood out.

1) Kashi had a great game MOTM in my opinion, showed us something we haven't had since Lundstram. Quality passing and doesn't shy away from the tackle.

2) Henry further forward in behind the striker. He's clearly not 100% so having him further forward meant he was more involved in the game instead of being invisible in the attacking part of the game. He was actually making those late runs on the edge of the box.

3) Sam Long gets better and better each game and as he gets more confidence his attacking capabilities start to show. He whipped in 3 or 4 really good balls yesterday.

4) Defensive solidarity, defence was very strong Bradford couldn't break it down and when they did there was someone there to throw there body in the way.

Bradford reminded me of one of Patto's teams in the Conference. Not a whole lot of fight, and a complete inability to play a pass to a teammate from more than five yards away (plus - thankfully - a complete inability to hit an open net from 8 yards out in the 93rd minute). It's hard to imagine them not being one of the four to go now.......

Would've been a horrific one to lose, given our domination, but would've been our own fault for some atrocious finishing by all our forwards. We need someone - anyone - to find their shooting boots before the end of the season, and I think we'll be OK because we're defending well at the moment and actually playing some decent stuff between the penalty areas......
It was seats that were ripped out and fell from the sky that afternoon at Highfield Road - a terrible day all round.

I agree, but football was football then, the fans were not treated by clubs as they are today. Train, drink, game, a real laugh, home.

I agree, but football was football then, the fans were not treated by clubs as they are today. Train, drink, game, a real laugh, home.
What’s that got to do with football? If fans are treated badly now it’s partly the fault of the 70s cretins

I was at that game back in 82 and the violence was disgraceful. I’d rather have football ‘now’ thanks.

Back
Top Bottom