Home Match Day Thread 16/03/2021 L1 OUFC v Doncaster Rovers

Forde back by the weekend ? And now that Winnall is ready for the bench i think we are going to see Agyei used on the
wings even if its only to give others a rest.
Sam Winnall playing as a striker over and over again instead of Dan Agyei is the definition of insanity (doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result)

How about we play him on the wing instead??

No! We know that doesn't work.

Sorry, with respect, i think thats a myth, he has played some stinkers there but has also put in some
decent performances, i get that he is a better CF than winger but now Winnall is back we have 3 players
covering 1 spot while our wingers are in desperate need of a rest.

I mentioned in another post he has started 5 games on the wing with 2 goals, 1 assist and a win ratio of 60%
thats not too shabby.

Sorry, with respect, i think thats a myth, he has played some stinkers there but has also put in some
decent performances, i get that he is a better CF than winger but now Winnall is back we have 3 players
covering 1 spot while our wingers are in desperate need of a rest.

I mentioned in another post he has started 5 games on the wing with 2 goals, 1 assist and a win ratio of 60%
thats not too shabby.
Don't bring facts into it!!
Also why 'winger'? Are Salah and Mane considered as 'wingers'?

Don't bring facts into it!!
Also why 'winger'? Are Salah and Mane considered as 'wingers'?
Sorry, the reason that i left the facts til last was that i was doing my best not to use any but as you can see i cracked before pressing enter.
Winger ? Probably because it beats writing out, on the right of the front three everytime, i`m open to suggestions though.

Does Firminho ever play wide in that Liverpool team? Does Aguero play wide for Man City?
At Hoffenheim, Firmino primarily played as an attacking midfielder, or as a second striker, but was also used as a forward, winger or central midfielder, with Firmino using his speed, close control and vision wherever he is deployed.

Yes, and there are plenty who play much better centrally than out wide. Dan Agyei is one of them
As per a previous poster:
'he has started 5 games on the wing with 2 goals, 1 assist and a win ratio of 60%'.

I like him centrally but unlike some on here, feel he can do and has done a good job across the front three which many modern strikers with his attributes are expected to do!

'he has started 5 games on the wing with 2 goals, 1 assist and a win ratio of 60%'.

I like him centrally but unlike some on here, feel he can do and has done a good job across the front three which many modern strikers with his attributes are expected to do!
He can do a job there but if you sat down and rated his performances out of ten in all his wide showings for us, and all his games as a central striker, I’d bet that the average score would come out a lot higher in the latter.

He can do a job there but if you sat down and rated his performances out of ten in all his wide showings for us, and all his games as a central striker, I’d bet that the average score would come out a lot higher in the latter.
The point is we normally play with a front three with one striker up top, we have limited wide players, lots of injuries and have games Sat to Tuesday. As such he will likely need to play in the wide positions too. Given the stats (and my personal view) show he has done well when playing out wide, unlike others i don't think it is playing centrally or not playing at all.

Spot on.

I think this is coming down to who prefers Agyei or Winnall as our 2nd CF, but until we have enough wide players back that
can rotate and rest adequately i think thats a question that can wait.

Winnall has to to do what Agyei had to do - sit on the bench until needed and then make an impact when he comes on.

And that will hopefully be after both Taylor and Agyei have had a go.

Back
Top Bottom