Home Match Build Up 16/10/2021 L1: OUFC v Plymouth Argyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies, wasn't knocking what you said just expressing my (and Mrs Lounger's) impressions of the place. It probably would suit some folk, still in business so I guess it must but, not for us.
The point here is, I guess, that the overall experience of attending a match is not that attractive to families or the more elderly amongst us. It is part of the reason why I volunteered for the Supporter's Panel and the hope is that the match day experience can be improved. I'm hesitant on that part as I believe that no major changes can, or will, be made until the club has a new purpose built stadium. That's not saying we can't change anything but, silk purse and sow's ear etc.
reintoducing a regular* Fanzone may help .... a pre match mustering point right next to the ground could, IMO, help a bit with improving the overall matchday experience?

The handful of times there was a (trial?) fanzone a few seasons ago, I thought it worked reasonably well

* again , IMO , perhaps not for early PJT rounds (etc), but for the majority of home games

And, just for @Essexyellows :

That’s a good offer plus the kids are on half term that week so hopefully will get a few more in than usual for a game against Morecambe maybe the club could make it fancy dress for the kids with Halloween the following day 🤔

A new ref to the Kassam for this match - James Bell.
Did conference up to 2019/20.
He was in charge of our game at Doncaster last season, lost 3-2. (Probably last game Donny won!)

Looks like Plymouth are in a false position. It reminds me of a few years ago when they were top of league 2, but eventually fell away. I expect the same to happen this season.

Hopefully our sale of Ryan Taylor to them doesn't come back to bite us tomorrow. Always felt he was underrated here. His link up play was second to none.

Looks like Plymouth are in a false position. It reminds me of a few years ago when they were top of league 2, but eventually fell away. I expect the same to happen this season.

Hopefully our sale of Ryan Taylor to them doesn't come back to bite us tomorrow. Always felt he was underrated here. His link up play was second to none.
Taylor now playing for Grimsby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom