Away Match Day Thread +++ 16/12/2017 Rochdale v OUFC match day thread +++

Dunkley is a unit, decent in the air, strong and powerful.

However he does not like being pressured when he has the ball at his feet, tends to panic and rush. Payne needs to be constantly harassing and putting him under pressure, don’t give him any time on the ball, keep doing that and mistakes will come.

Dunkley is a unit, decent in the air, strong and powerful.

However he does not like being pressured when he has the ball at his feet, tends to panic and rush. Payne needs to be constantly harassing and putting him under pressure, don’t give him any time on the ball, keep doing that and mistakes will come.
Agree he's error prone under pressure - but we need to get the ball into the box first! Don't think Payne ankle biting will work but one of our big strong centre forwards could cause him a problem......hmmm

The Sky Sports highlights consists of seven (?) great saves by Eastwood and one very tame shot by United. Says it all really.
Seven 'great' saves? Really? I was at the game and thought that Eastwood made three very good saves and 2-3 decent saves. The Rochdale forum were suggesting that Eastwood made three excellent saves.

We were poor and Rochdale did pretty well. I thought that we defended pretty well (Eastwood, the two centre backs and Tiendelli). Our passing was terrible though and we offered little going forwards.

Seven 'great' saves? Really? I was at the game and thought that Eastwood made three very good saves and 2-3 decent saves. The Rochdale forum were suggesting that Eastwood made three excellent saves.

We were poor and Rochdale did pretty well. I thought that we defended pretty well (Eastwood, the two centre backs and Tiendelli). Our passing was terrible though and we offered little going forwards.

Some great saves by Eastwood kept us in the game but what really annoyed me after such a long journey was the fact that he was intent on time wasting at every opportunity early into the second half.

That not only showed a lack of ambition or belief that we could take a win from the game but also a complete lack of respect for all the supporters that had made that trip.

But a point is a point and it was a clean sheet so not all doom and gloom.... onto Wigan ?

Some great saves by Eastwood kept us in the game but what really annoyed me after such a long journey was the fact that he was intent on time wasting at every opportunity early into the second half.

That not only showed a lack of ambition or belief that we could take a win from the game but also a complete lack of respect for all the supporters that had made that trip.

But a point is a point and it was a clean sheet so not all doom and gloom.... onto Wigan ?

I agree its not great to time waste, but it was pretty much one way traffic from what i was watching and the ball was continually coming back at us. Holding on to the ball for a few extra seconds breaks up the play a little, disrupts the more dominant teams rhythm and also allows the defence to have a little breather. It wasnt happening for us on Saturday, we nicked a point in the end.

• React
Reactions: MJB
I agree its not great to time waste, but it was pretty much one way traffic from what i was watching and the ball was continually coming back at us. Holding on to the ball for a few extra seconds breaks up the play a little, disrupts the more dominant teams rhythm and also allows the defence to have a little breather. It wasnt happening for us on Saturday, we nicked a point in the end.
Whole heartedly agree. Our fans are repeatedly calling out for greater pragmatism and nous from our players - pleased to see Eastwood doing just that.

Very fair point... at the time it was frustrating but on reflection it probably was the right thing to do given the pattern of the game.

Should probably have vented more frustration at the fact that the ball did indeed keep coming back.

Back
Top Bottom