Ref Watch 16/4/24 Oxford United v Lincoln City - Lee Swabey

How was his performance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Didn't seem to referee the two sides consistently; they were getting free kicks for things he was waving on against us.

Played one terrible advantage for a pull-back on Murphy late on that would've given us another chance to get a free-kick in to the box (which would probably have gone straight down their keeper's throat, but even so...!), and their penalty was verry iffy too. Even from the North Stand it looked to me like Ruben had got a toe on it.

Felt like even though he dished them out plenty of yellow cards, he set the tone early by not giving out a couple where he should've, essentially giving them permission to knock us around.

And don't get me started on the added time fiasco. How we only got six minutes to start with was bad enough, let alone only adding another one when there were numerous incidents of time-wasting (the GK did my head in), subs, a red card, etc.

He must have been bad.
Lincoln won, and with a debatable penalty, and he’s struggling to get more than a one on their forum.
Some thought he was a ‘homer’!

He must have been bad.
Lincoln won, and with a debatable penalty, and he’s struggling to get more than a one on their forum.
deluded twats.

He must have been bad.
On the way out of the ground I saw a couple of Lincoln fans and I said that they (Lincoln) are one of the most horrible, thuggish team wasting team’s I’ve seen this season and how do they watch that rubbish. The reply was, it was 10 v 12 insinuating that the referee was on our side!! I said you must be joking! He should have sent off more if he’d of booked your players earlier in the game e.g. more second yellow cards!, dealt with your time wasting, and not listened to your players constantly moaning/trying to get into the refs ear etc.

From a personal perspective I felt his management (or should I say non-management) of the game was appalling which spoilt the whole game, so for that I voted zero!

Last edited:
When I parked at the stadium I got out of my car and was approached by a South African gentleman asking where the best places to eat are. I got chatting to him and he claimed he was a director at Lincoln. He said they were robbed in their previous game by an atrocious referee. As I walked away I thought to myself ‘please don’t let a crap referee ruin this game’

You couldn’t make it up… 😔

Back
Top Bottom