Home Match Day Thread +++ 17/02/2018 OUFC v Plymouth Argyle match day thread +++

I’d say it was still a 50/50 tussle that Dickie lost and as an ex CB I can’t give Dickie any positives from that corner but if Eastwood hadn’t come flapping they may not have scored.
Was no foul. Dickie lost his man the moment he moved. Eastwood came out, misjudged the flight of the ball and ended up stranded. Dickie was left on the ground as his man headed in.

I’d say it was still a 50/50 tussle that Dickie lost and as an ex CB I can’t give Dickie any positives from that corner but if Eastwood hadn’t come flapping they may not have scored.

We'll have to agree to disagree as the way Dickie's shirt was being pulled he had little control.

You moan we haven’t got any strikers but you’d take one off to be replaced by a winger??

Anything’s no would have been better than Obika and if you think that would have been a bad decision then sorry you’re suffering from delusions

If I remember correctly, if Eastwood had been more commanding it wouldn’t have even been a corner!

The short corner thing - why isn’t Mousinho/Ledson/ etc not screaming at the corner takers after the first one didn’t go short!?

Surely at least Faz and Allen can communicate that?

Always hated short corners anyway. I’ve very rarely seen them work, especially at our level

If I remember correctly, if Eastwood had been more commanding it wouldn’t have even been a corner!

The short corner thing - why isn’t Mousinho/Ledson/ etc not screaming at the corner takers after the first one didn’t go short!?

Surely at least Faz and Allen can communicate that?
ASB and Eastwood had a lack of communication. If ASB had let that ball run Eastwood would've pounced on it or it would've gone out for a goal kick.
Eastwood for the corner though, went into no mans land and sadly that lack of communication cost us minimum 1 point.

The short corner Could've easily been communicated, if they planned to do it from the start then it should've been something spoke about in the dressing room at half time or even on the pitch for instance when Rothwell went down, that should've been something they mentioned in that 60 second brake.

We'll have to agree to disagree as the way Dickie's shirt was being pulled he had little control.
I think we will but you’ve not even commented on why you think it’s acceptable to not even know where the ball is? Defend the ball not the man. And be stronger if you think it was all down to shirt pulling.

Last edited:
I think we will but you’ve not even commented on why you think it’s acceptable to not even know where the ball is? Defend the ball not the man. And be stronger if you think it was all down to shirt pulling.

Because he had little control (as mentioned), being off balance with the shirt tug that pulled him to the ground.

How can he defend the ball if he is being pulled to the ground? So I have answered your point.

So your telling me there bloke came into the box and straight away grabbed Dickies shirt and wouldn’t let him go ?

To be fair to the younger players ricketts did come short 2nd half and richardinho just took the corner. Set pieces are something we can practice and should be much better attacking and defending. Not sure I like the idea of giving them the ball from our corner so we can win the 2nd ball anyway. Joey to elliots near post flick caused havoc try that mix it up

Maybe Eastwoods been told to start collecting corners more which lead to yesterdays error 2nd half he came and claimed one well. New back 4 its goin to take time. Didnt like to see kane and dickie arguing though and our captain turn and look the other away.

How can he defend the ball if he is being pulled to the ground? So I have answered your point.
Been waiting to see the highlights to comment on this and from what i can see, it was just poor defending where dickie has just been muscled out the way. It looks asif Dickies the one doing the pulling to be honest.

Another thing from highlights. Mowatt he had a volley blaze over the bar 1st half, he had time for 1 touch and then second half he blocks a goal bound shot from Napa that was on target.

Been waiting to see the highlights to comment on this and from what i can see, it was just poor defending where dickie has just been muscled out the way. It looks asif Dickies the one doing the pulling to be honest.

Another thing from highlights. Mowatt he had a volley blaze over the bar 1st half, he had time for 1 touch and then second half he blocks a goal bound shot from Napa that was on target.

My whole point which he’s not getting is that Dickie is facing the north stand for the duration of the kick and probably is the one that makes first contact (as defenders do as they’re defending) and never knows where the ball is.

My whole point which he’s not getting is that Dickie is facing the north stand for the duration of the kick and probably is the one that makes first contact (as defenders do as they’re defending) and never knows where the ball is.
Dickie doesn't turn around until the ball is over Eastwoods head giving him very little time to re adjust his body position. In that situation he should be watching the ball whilst being able to stay within half a yd of his man. If he watched the ball he has better chance of winning the header.

Eastwood completely misjudged it. If he had stayed on his line it would have been an easy save.

Back
Top Bottom