Home Match Build Up 17/08/21 L1: OUFC v Crewe Alexandra

Status
Not open for further replies.
It`s never "done"............... ever......... I still bear a grudge against the scouse filth for our exclusion from Europe.

Well if you want to carry a grudge against Crewe for the rest of your days then I'll not try and talk you out of it.

They mean nothing to me though.

Does anyone know what time the car parks start filling up? I usually get the bus in but due to work I’ll have to drive so was just wondering how late I can arrive to guarantee a spot?

At half 2 on Saturday there were still spaces in the overflow car park. Not sure about a night game though.

Stevens
Williams McNally Thorniley Seddon
McGuane Gorrin Brannagan
Whyte Taylor Holland
Why would you drop Henry and Sykes? They played very well. I imagine it will be the same team but with Taylor coming in, though Karl seems to be adopting a more tailored approach with the opposition in mind, so may make tweaks to counteract their supposed strengths.

Why would you drop Henry and Sykes? They played very well. I imagine it will be the same team but with Taylor coming in, though Karl seems to be adopting a more tailored approach with the opposition in mind, so may make tweaks to counteract their supposed strengths.

I wouldn't drop winnall to be honest.

went and bought my ticket for tomorrow nights game in person from the ticket office* (& paid in cash too)

the Watlington road/ Grenoble road roundabout was coned off & operating with only one lane , with a number of workmen there. If that's still in place tomorrow late afternoon / early evening it could be a bit of a pain , and delay , for anyone going that way to the match? - Rad Ox do frequent traffic reports I believe?

* nice to see @Trevor L there ( in front of me in the queue)

Winnall & Henry are aging. Keep them fresh. Sykes has a chest infection I think.

Looks like 6,000 home tickets sold. Crewe may bring 200 so with a few sales tonight and walk ups tomorrow hopefully we might get to 6,500.
Tickets in East stand selling well, two central blocks with availability at only 16%.

I wouldn't drop winnall to be honest.
I’m actually starting to think the same I would keep winnall on for 60 mins to work the defence and then let Taylor come on to win us the game

Feels like a good time to play Crewe. They’ve lost a lot of good players (Ng, Pickering, Wintle, Kirk) since we played them at home last year. Tom Lowery isn’t being selected at the moment due to a contract dispute, new signing Tommie Hoban already wants to leave and Owen Dale went off in the first half on Saturday feeling ill apparently, so may not make it tomorrow night.
Tommie Hoban has just announced his retirement, so you can count him out 😅

I can’t see agyei starting more chance of nick Harris being in the starting 11
I think Dan would cause them a nightmare for the first hour, before you bring Holland on! However, I’d be more than happy if Holland or Bodin started.

It'll be interesting to see how many of the floodlights are working. If the state of the seats and toilets are anything to go by it seems the stadium co are doing the absolute bare minimum that's needed to get games on.

IMG_1114.JPG
SUBS: Agyei, Winnall, McGuane, Holland, Bodin, Long, Eastwood

No need to change too much after Saturday, the boys did really well, and deserve another go while they're still buzzing, but although Winnall had a good game against Charlton, showing positive signs of progression, he may not be up to two games in quick succession, so I'd be sensible, and rotate him with Taylor or Agyei.

I've said I'm not a huge fan of playing Whyte on the left, but Sykes performed so well on the right, it would be cruel to drop him.

I'd really like to see Williams at RB again, Robbo may have just stumbled upon a revelation there, and I think it's an option worth exploring.

Give Moore a bit longer to recover from his chest infection, and ease Long back in via the bench, as CB and full back cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom