Away Match Build Up 18/9/21 L1: Cheltenham Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be my team for Saturday it’s got pace , creativity , power the defence is solid hopefully long will be back
image.jpg

How anyone who could watch all of Dan Agyei’s starts for us as a central striker and think ‘Nope, he’s clearly not good enough for us’ is beyond me. Yes he isn’t perfect but then not many of our players are, that’s why they’re at League One level.

Start him centrally and he will bully defenders, win headers, run in behind and win a good number of free kicks.
Well, the point is we don’t really know yet, as he hasn’t played there enough, and presumably management arent convinced from his work in training. But we’re all very keen to see for ourselves.

He might not be the best in training I dunno but if he puts the ball in the net on a Saturday/Tuesday and we get 3 points does it really matter how he trains I don’t think it does but I’m not KR and unfortunately for agyei KR is the man that decides if he plays or not

He might not be the best in training I dunno but if he puts the ball in the net on a Saturday/Tuesday and we get 3 points does it really matter how he trains I don’t think it does but I’m not KR and unfortunately for agyei KR is the man that decides if he plays or not
Training is a sort of practice. They do practice football there so they dont have to try things out in matches for real. Presumably Dan isn’t as impressive there as you imagine he is, otherwise he would be in the team. Unless Karl just hates him, which is unlikely but possible.

Training is a sort of practice. They do practice football there so they dont have to try things out in matches for real. Presumably Dan isn’t as impressive there as you imagine he is, otherwise he would be in the team. Unless Karl just hates him, which is unlikely but possible.
I get that but I’m sure there are players that hate training but are really good on match days and do the business but agyei isn’t getting his chance to do the business when he had he hasn’t been great don’t get me wrong but he also needs abit more that 5mins cameos I dunno I personally think th best outcome will be for him to move on to a new club when his contract runs out but I think he might be one that got away when he does

How anyone who could watch all of Dan Agyei’s starts for us as a central striker and think ‘Nope, he’s clearly not good enough for us’ is beyond me. Yes he isn’t perfect but then not many of our players are, that’s why they’re at League One level.

Start him centrally and he will bully defenders, win headers, run in behind and win a good number of free kicks.
Honestly cannot believe we dont use him centrally. Out wide i agree he can go missing, i just do not understand why Taylor has to play every single game.

Is there a designated away pub or where do people recommend?
from the away fans guide .... away pubs and bars for away fans at Cheltenham ...

There is a club bar at the ground called the Robins Nest which allows in small numbers of away fans for a £1 admittance fee. Neil Le Milliere a visiting Exeter City fans recommends the Kemble Brewery Inn on Fairview Street. This pub which is listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide serves up to six real ales.

Around a ten minute walk away are the ‘Sudeley Arms’ and ‘The Conservatory’ on Prestbury Road on the outskirts of the town centre. There is even a decent fish & chip shop situated in-between the two. To find these pubs, turn right out of the club car park, and then turn left at the end of the road. Go straight over the roundabout, and The Sudeley Arms is on your left and the Conservatory is further up on your right. It is no more than a ten minute walk from the ground.

Otherwise very near to the ground is the Parklands Social Club, where you can also park your car (£5). Simply go down Whaddon Road, passing the ground and the bowling club on your left. Take the first left hand turn and the entrance to the social club car park is a short distance down on the left. Robert Middleston a visiting Nottingham Forest fan adds; ‘The Club had a friendly welcome, and the locals we met were all happy to chat football. The club has a number of TV screens including a very big screen, on which the Sky Premier plus game was broadcast, a nice way to pass time over a sandwich and pint before the match’.

Chris Clarke informs me; ‘A good alternative is The Hewlett Arms which is a bit more cosmopolitan than other pubs in the local area, it can be found at the top of Hewlett Road which is about a 10 minute walk from the ground’. Also further along Hewlett Road is the Fairview Pub.

from the away fans guide .... away pubs and bars for away fans at Cheltenham ...

There is a club bar at the ground called the Robins Nest which allows in small numbers of away fans for a £1 admittance fee. Neil Le Milliere a visiting Exeter City fans recommends the Kemble Brewery Inn on Fairview Street. This pub which is listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide serves up to six real ales.

Around a ten minute walk away are the ‘Sudeley Arms’ and ‘The Conservatory’ on Prestbury Road on the outskirts of the town centre. There is even a decent fish & chip shop situated in-between the two. To find these pubs, turn right out of the club car park, and then turn left at the end of the road. Go straight over the roundabout, and The Sudeley Arms is on your left and the Conservatory is further up on your right. It is no more than a ten minute walk from the ground.

Otherwise very near to the ground is the Parklands Social Club, where you can also park your car (£5). Simply go down Whaddon Road, passing the ground and the bowling club on your left. Take the first left hand turn and the entrance to the social club car park is a short distance down on the left. Robert Middleston a visiting Nottingham Forest fan adds; ‘The Club had a friendly welcome, and the locals we met were all happy to chat football. The club has a number of TV screens including a very big screen, on which the Sky Premier plus game was broadcast, a nice way to pass time over a sandwich and pint before the match’.

Chris Clarke informs me; ‘A good alternative is The Hewlett Arms which is a bit more cosmopolitan than other pubs in the local area, it can be found at the top of Hewlett Road which is about a 10 minute walk from the ground’. Also further along Hewlett Road is the Fairview Pub.
Cheers for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom