Matches 1st ST Ballot

So as we have over 4000 sth anybody who gets a Northampton ticket will not get a boxing day ticket, whats the betting that some chosen few get see all the games whilst others get 1 in 3 would be nice of the club be clear and open with the ballot but I'm sure they won't be. I wait in hope.

No easy answers I know but I can make the 1st and 3rd games but not Boxing Day - what happens if I only get that one?
Same here. Which pretty much guarantees we will be allocated tickets for the Boxing Day game.

So as we have over 4000 sth anybody who gets a Northampton ticket will not get a boxing day ticket, whats the betting that some chosen few get see all the games whilst others get 1 in 3 would be nice of the club be clear and open with the ballot but I'm sure they won't be. I wait in hope.
We had 1036 fans today.

Frankly if people go to both Tuesday games out of the three then I couldn't care less if some of our season ticket holders miss out on Boxing Day.

My ticketing policy.
Anyone who didn't go to the Hull match can go to FGR tonight, then it's open ballot for league games thereafter to all season ticker holders.
Anyone living inside the county get first dibs on the two Tuesday night tickets because it's easier for them to get to.
Anyone outside the county except the Tier 3 people get first priority for Boxing Day.
Also anyone outside the county gets free pick of seats in SSU as they have to travel further, but the locals can sit in row A of the East Stand.

Sounds good to me. We could be Tier 2 by the 16th..... :)

I don't understand why you have to enter the ballot for three games, when one or more might be on a date you can't attend.

I don't understand why you have to enter the ballot for three games, when one or more might be on a date you can't attend.
This way they can guarantee all ST holders will get allocated a ticket for at least one game.

Those making the effort to attend the Tuesday games, imo, shouldn't be penalised for doing so by being less likely to get tickets for Boxing Day. That would be the case if it was possible to make an individual game ballot system able to take into account previous games attended.

If it is a genuine lucky dip for each individual game there is a chance some people will draw tickets for 3 games and others none.

This way they can guarantee all ST holders will get allocated a ticket for at least one game.

Those making the effort to attend the Tuesday games, imo, shouldn't be penalised for doing so by being less likely to get tickets for Boxing Day. That would be the case if it was possible to make an individual game ballot system able to take into account previous games attended.

If it is a genuine lucky dip for each individual game there is a chance some people will draw tickets for 3 games and others none
But it’s coming with the risk that ST holders who are able to attend some of the games only getting a ticket or tickets for games they can’t attend. It’s quite possible that some will be away for the Boxing Day game or have work commitments or travel issues for the Tuesday night matches. And are people in this category going to be desperate to inform the club they can’t make it so these tickets can be reallocated, when they feel hard done by?

If there’s a higher demand for the Boxing Day game than the others then, as someone who could attend any of the three, I’d personally prefer a better chance of getting two tickets than an equal chance for the Boxing Day game as someone who’s only able to make that one.

If they're grouping 3 games then they could drop everyone's name into the hat 3 times then if you're drawn for the first game you only have 2 chances of being drawn for the next game whereas those not selected for the first game have 3 chances. This keeps the lottery element and weights it so the chances of someone getting all 3 games is limited but still possible as it is for someone not getting any.

What they then should do is if someone is unable to make the a game they have been drawn for another name is picked out to replace them ensuring we don't have empty seats as i believe there was for the Hull game for no shows

In the current circumstances, I am loathed to criticise the club on this or anything else, so they should go with whatever they feel comfortable with for these three games given the constraints of staffing, software, time etc.....

...then perhaps they can adapt, strengthen the process after the New Year once they see how everything goes...

In the current circumstances, I am loathed to criticise the club on this or anything else, so they should go with whatever they feel comfortable with for these three games given the constraints of staffing, software, time etc.....

...then perhaps they can adapt, strengthen the process after the New Year once they see how everything goes...
I agree. Not an easy system to have to put in place! Following an email I sent to NMcW he had the courtesy to phone me and explain the problems they have had (and particularly with Ticketmaster and the Hull game).
I am prepared to be disappointed if I don’t get the matches I most want, but understand the issues involved in trying to keep everyone happy (you can’t; this thread is evidence of that). My friends/family and I paid for our season tickets with a completely unknown season ahead - and no guarantee of seeing ANY matches. We are pleased to be offered the chance to now attend some (and we went to FGR) and will take our chances.
In comparison to the problems some have faced with the pandemic over the last few months, this seems like a small sacrifice.

If they're grouping 3 games then they could drop everyone's name into the hat 3 times then if you're drawn for the first game you only have 2 chances of being drawn for the next game whereas those not selected for the first game have 3 chances. This keeps the lottery element and weights it so the chances of someone getting all 3 games is limited but still possible as it is for someone not getting any.

What they then should do is if someone is unable to make the a game they have been drawn for another name is picked out to replace them ensuring we don't have empty seats as i believe there was for the Hull game for no shows
I understand they are applying some weighting but not sure, exactly how. The club has asked for people to let them know if you can't attend a match you are allocated to as the ticket will be reissued.

Can anyone confirm that lounge club members are allowed to see all three matches? If this is the case it reduced the chances for us mortals to see more than one game.

Seems a bit complicated to do a ballot for every 3 games.

Why didn't they just do a ballot for every game?

Or split the ST holders in 2 groups. With each group taking it in turn to attend a game.
Split the supporters into two groups would be the fairest way.

Trouble is I think they said we’ve got 4600 which if you divide by 2 doesn’t equate.
PS I was rubbish at maths at school!

Not all of those will go though because of being vulnerable.

Trouble is I think they said we’ve got 4600 which if you divide by 2 doesn’t equate.
PS I was rubbish at maths at school!
I read it was 3850 so I may have misread but damn I got an O level in English language maybe a misquote, I did think it was more so it will be interesting how they will use a fair system for the attending of matches.

I received an e-mail from the club about the ballot a couple of days ago and immediately said yes. I received a reply saying I was in the draw yesterday. So what's with the 10am application.

Edit - Just realised that it was 10am Wednesday not today

Back
Top Bottom