General 2021/22 New Kit Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only one year of a three year deal honoured, then. That’s a bit weird.

If the club wanted to replace AT with another sponsor they would normally have to pay them off in return for breaking the contract, which would defeat the point given a sponsor is there to provide revenue, not to become an expense. It would be incredibly unusual for a sponsorship to be cut short by the club rather than the other party. Especially in times such as these.

It’ll be interesting to see who the new sponsor is.
Has Tiger lost his frequent flyer status as well?

Rumour has it he’s been downgraded to

*shudder*

Gold status 🤢
K2m3.gif

New Marseille away kit

Attachments

• 607A3F1A-78B3-400F-8B3B-85B718C9C802.jpeg
    607A3F1A-78B3-400F-8B3B-85B718C9C802.jpeg
    268.7 KB · Views: 24
Only one year of a three year deal honoured, then. That’s a bit weird.

If the club wanted to replace AT with another sponsor they would normally have to pay them off in return for breaking the contract, which would defeat the point given a sponsor is there to provide revenue, not to become an expense. It would be incredibly unusual for a sponsorship to be cut short by the club rather than the other party. Especially in times such as these.

It’ll be interesting to see who the new sponsor is.
I'm going based on nothing but reckon, but I probably don't think the tourist board of Thailand was getting much return for being on the front of a League One club's shirt in the middle of a travel-restricted worldwide pandemic. It's entirely possible that Tiger oversold the club and bluffed how much Amazing Thailand could recoup, and that mixed with the pandemic not being over inside the season has probably seen the sponsors pull the plug.

I'm going based on nothing but reckon, but I probably don't think the tourist board of Thailand was getting much return for being on the front of a League One club's shirt in the middle of a travel-restricted worldwide pandemic. It's entirely possible that Tiger oversold the club and bluffed how much Amazing Thailand could recoup, and that mixed with the pandemic not being over inside the season has probably seen the sponsors pull the plug.
I think all will become clear when we discover the stature of the new sponsors. If we have another ‘animaltronics’ (or whatever it was..) situation then you're probably right!

Genuine question, if the new kit isn't revealed at some point today, will we be playing City in our old kit with our old sponsors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom