Home Match Build Up 25/9/2021 L1: OUFC v Gillingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely right. Dan isn’t in the same class. Taylor has a football brain and uses it. He’s going through a rough patch but will come good.
Are you absolutely sure? How long should we wait for him to come good? Football brain notwithstanding, I don't think he's worth a place in the side at the moment. He certainly shouldn't be guaranteed selection whatever his form.

Have you got the personnel though? Got to be ultra fit to fly up and down the wing for 90 minutes. Oxford lost 3 players to muscle injuries playing a high press against Crewe!
I look at it like the England squad. Kyle Walker is a right back but played as right sided centre back with Trippier on the right of midfield. If Longy played the Walker role and Williams the Tripps role I think that would be really exciting

Are you absolutely sure? How long should we wait for him to come good? Football brain notwithstanding, I don't think he's worth a place in the side at the moment. He certainly shouldn't be guaranteed selection whatever his form.
Has his form been that bad though? Obviously his goal scoring form has, but his overall game is the beat in the team IMO. It’s for others to help him out.

Can’t score without service.

Absolutely right. Dan isn’t in the same class. Taylor has a football brain and uses it. He’s going through a rough patch but will come good.
That’s fair comment but how long do we give Taylor? I would like nothing more than Taylor to start banging then in, if it’s not Taylor’s fault the KR has to take the flack. There are other options but it’s whether KR is prepared to take them. The options are change the line up or the system.

I've heard this said about Taylor for ages now.

When exactly will he come good?? He's going to need to work a lot harder and not demand a tap in on a plate.

A game against a physical, set piece heavy, direct Gillingham side who have a manager who is a fan of the dark arts (being polite)- I'm none too confident.

However our quality should shine through.

Has his form been that bad though? Obviously his goal scoring form has, but his overall game is the beat in the team IMO. It’s for others to help him out.

Can’t score without service.
His overall game is the best in the team? Over the last few games that’s patently not true, look at his player ratings in the Mail/on here compared to other players. Yes he’s not been missing easy chances or anything, but he’s also not contributing much in terms of build up play or setting up others (recently).

His form overall recently has been poor, sadly. He will no doubt turn it around and start scoring soon, but in the last few games he contributed very little to the general play.

His overall game is the best in the team? Over the last few games that’s patently not true, look at his player ratings in the Mail/on here compared to other players. Yes he’s not been missing easy chances or anything, but he’s also not contributing much in terms of build up play or setting up others (recently).

His form overall recently has been poor, sadly. He will no doubt turn it around and start scoring soon, but in the last few games he contributed very little to the general play.
He never contributes all that much to the general play, though for a goalhanger/fox in the box type he's hard working. He's there to score. Did Aldridge or Lineker contribute all that much to the general play?

He never contributes all that much to the general play, though for a goalhanger/fox in the box type he's hard working. He's there to score. Did Aldridge or Lineker contribute all that much to the general play?
Different era though. In those days teams always had two up top. And IMO Taylor would be much better with a partner than having to work all the way across the line on his own. I think he would score another 5-10 a season with a partner up there.

He'll be distraught.
Well, if enough fans run out of patience, and stop attending, Tiger/ whoever the hell owns us will fire him, and then he will be distraught.

He doesn't care about my opinion on football, just like nobody with a brain cares about your opinion on politics, but as a collective the voice of the football clubs supporters does matter. It really didn't help Pep Clotet.

Taylor generally does what he does very well (i.e. score) but is both out of form and not getting much service. So he is desperate to make a difference and is going wandering about onto the wings and into midfield and (as KR says in the iFollow video build up to this game) he is a 'rubbish midfielder and a rubbish winger' (this is a quote) - that is making things worse, because when the ball does get into the box (eventually!), he is AWOL.

Hopefully (if he starts) he will be under orders to stay central, the manager will have been working on improving the service to him (to feet!) and he will click into gear. Personally I'd be quite happy to see Whyte given a go, Henry just behind him centrally. Williams back on the right of the midfield please, which is hard on Sykes but (maybe controversially) I'm getting a bit fed up of admiring Sykes' work rate and general play while groaning inwardly ant his lack of a final pass, cross or effective shot! He'd also make and excellent late sub.

Well 1 goal in 8 is not a great return for a striker.

Well, if enough fans run out of patience, and stop attending, Tiger/ whoever the hell owns us will fire him, and then he will be distraught.

He doesn't care about my opinion on football, just like nobody with a brain cares about your opinion on politics, but as a collective the voice of the football clubs supporters does matter. It really didn't help Pep Clotet.
Hmm, bit mean. Chill, long way to go this season

Different era though. In those days teams always had two up top. And IMO Taylor would be much better with a partner than having to work all the way across the line on his own. I think he would score another 5-10 a season with a partner up there.
Yes you could be right, we just don’t play that way

I've heard this said about Taylor for ages now.

When exactly will he come good?? He's going to need to work a lot harder and not demand a tap in on a plate.
Taylor is a proven goalscorer and his record shows that. Speak some sense with your posts or do not post at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom