Home Match Day Thread 25/9/2021 L1: OUFC v Gillingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Statistics can prove anything and be manipulated. They are often used as excuses or to divert attention to what is really going on. Anything less than a win on Tuesday, and he can use any of his usual diatribe, but it wont detract from his mistakes made this season.
I'm still backing Robbo at the moment, and I'm still on board with what he's trying to do, but the same issues occurring again and again, and his stubborn refusal or inability to change things or display any tactical flexibility is starting to wear thin.

It doesn't need to be wholesale changes, just some simple, but effective tweaks here and there, and it could make all the difference.

Statistics can prove anything and be manipulated. They are often used as excuses or to divert attention to what is really going on.

Gibberish.

Points scored and goal difference are what define a league.

There are cup competitions too but we'll keep it simple for now.

I'm still backing Robbo at the moment, and I'm still on board with what he's trying to do, but the same issues occurring again and again, and his stubborn refusal or inability to change things or display any tactical flexibility is starting to wear thin.

It doesn't need to be wholesale changes, just some simple, but effective tweaks here and there, and it could make all the difference.
Why is KR so stubborn? So unable to admit mistakes? So inflexible? It’s becoming infuriating. He’s clearly a good man and his heart is obviously in the right place but … I’ll repeat: these are potentially very good players but are being mis-managed into a bang-average mid-table league one team. So much potential, so little progress this season. Robinson needs to take a good look at himself and stop making obvious mistakes. And excuses.
Before it’s too late.

Well not really….I’d argue that points are an outcome, rather than a stat., which is why points don’t feature in ‘Match stats.’
Good night.

And many would argue that goals scored and conceded are an outcome, rather than a stat, of all the data points people on here are so willing to ignore.

And many would argue that goals scored and conceded are an outcome, rather than a stat, of all the data points people on here are so willing to ignore.
‘A statistician can have his head in an oven and his feet in ice, and he will say that on average he feels fine…’

I’m boring myself about stats now, let’s move on to something else..

He (Gorrin) needs to be more composed after winning the ball e.g. sometimes it pays to hold the ball for a second or two drawing the opposing player(s) rather than just passing it off quickly putting the receiving player in difficulty or having to rush their pass etc.
Noticed Kane do that on many occasion second half

Just watched the highlights,that should have been a nailed on penalty and probably a red card. How we didnt score in the second half! Robbo for all his faults wasnt to blame for any of those events which should have given us the win

Some people eating their words tonight, including me, who thought Holland had never really impressed.

I missed it but my mate, who I trust,actually reckoned we played better on Saturday, is that right?

Some people eating their words tonight, including me, who thought Holland had never really impressed.

I missed it but my mate, who I trust,actually reckoned we played better on Saturday, is that right?

I wouldn't say so. We just looked more dangerous this evening.

Was in the same boat re Holland, delighted to eat my words and delighted for Sykes too.

After last night, they need a new stat. You heard this here first…

xxxG!🤯😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom