Away Match Day Thread 26/01/21 L1 - Rochdale V OUFC

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From the moment their keeper muffed the clearance to the players piling on Mide everything else in the world didn't matter. For just a few seconds there was no COVID, no stress about family or work, no wondering about home schooling, no thoughts about playing behind closed doors. Just that moment and the ball sailing into the night towards the goal. And for that we should always be thankful.

Football eh? Bloody hell...

And then reality came crashing down as I half celebrated, half sprinted my way to the kitchen to get some paper towels to clear up the drink I'd spilt over the carpet.

We now move on to Fleetwood a team we’ve never beaten we hardly ever draw with them either so are we going to finally break our duck against them .... TO f*****g RIGHT WE ARE
Sorry to burst your bubble but it's going to be called off due to Covid.

(I have no evidence of that, just it's sods law)

As a epilogue to last night’s fun, a bit of further reading here 🙂.

To sum up - they don’t like Sheridan and are utterly fed up. Joy. He had a right go at the media too apparently. Hahaha.

And to them I say thank you. Thank you for forcing our manager’s hand to changing the goalkeeper and overall focus on the team. Thank you for your defeat that has seen us determinedly right the wrongs from that derby defeat and go unbeaten since. Thank you for continuing to persist with Sheridan who picks up a win, draw and two defeats every four games (four from twelve) that is enough to see him stay in a job but not enough to keep that pisspoor Swindon lot from the drop. Thank you for giving us the biggest laugh of the season with your mugs and t-shirts.

I enjoyed our win last night but schadenfreude at Swindon’s expense adds a cherry on top.

Last edited:

To sum up - they don’t like Sheridan and are utterly fed up. Joy. He had a right go at the media too apparently. Hahaha.

And to them I say thank you. Thank you for forcing our manager’s hand to changing the goalkeeper and overall focus on the team. Thank you for your defeat that has seen us determinedly right the wrongs since that derby defeat and go unbeaten since. Thank you for continuing to persist with Sheridan who picks up a win, draw and two defeats every four games (four from twelve) that it enough to see him stay in a job but not enough to keep that pisspoor Swindon lot from the drop. Thank you for giving us the biggest laugh of the season with your mugs and t-shirts.

I enjoyed our win last night but schadenfreude at Swindon’s expense adds a cherry on top.
The best derby loss ever!

I said to a scummer at work I'd take a loss to you lot in order to go on an unbeaten run 😂😂

The best derby loss ever!

I said to a scummer at work I'd take a loss to you lot in order to go on an unbeaten run 😂😂

Yeh my scumdon supporting work mate also is not happy, he is hoping we spank them at home to give them a rocket up their a**e too.

Question to everyone, would you take another derby loss if it meant the Swine still got relegated and we still ended up in the play offs? Answer on a postcard.

Yeh my scumdon supporting work mate also is not happy, he is hoping we spank them at home to give them a rocket up their a**e too.

Question to everyone, would you take another derby loss if it meant the Swine still got relegated and we still ended up in the play offs? Answer on a postcard.

Any repeat of that acutely painful day is worth nothing less than a barnstorming late run to second place.

I’d rather a second loss with us finishing in the playoffs than a win with us finishing outside the playoffs!

I would accept another defeat to that lot if it was the only defeat we have for the rest of the season and we got promotion but I don’t think I could accept a defeat and us still being in league one next season

There are absolutely NO grounds or conditions on which I'd ever accept a loss to that lot.

I will never understand why people leave their Tax Return so late.

Only a few days to budget for any tax due 🤪😉
No, you won't! People who aren't like us can't understand, and don't have to. I'd probably do it earlier if there were any big amounts either way 😂

And to them I say thank you. Thank you for forcing our manager’s hand to changing the goalkeeper and overall focus on the team. Thank you for your defeat that has seen us determinedly right the wrongs since that derby defeat and go unbeaten since. Thank you for continuing to persist with Sheridan who picks up a win, draw and two defeats every four games (four from twelve) that it enough to see him stay in a job but not enough to keep that pisspoor Swindon lot from the drop. Thank you for giving us the biggest laugh of the season with your mugs and t-shirts.

They are loving Curran. They do like their weird signings such as competition winners though.

There are absolutely NO grounds or conditions on which I'd ever accept a loss to that lot.

Wait... Didn't they get promoted that year we beat them twice when Di clownio was in charge, I'm sensing some dejavu here 🤣 I will take a 1-0 loss if it guarantees us promotion and them relegation. After all a loss with no fans at the ground doesn't count does it.? 🤔

Haha just watched the goalcam video from last night too, and once the winning goal from Shodipo goes in their number 15 (Roberts) ends up in the back of the goal, holding onto the net, head bowed, not believing what has happened! Quite amusing!🤣

Back
Top Bottom