Home Match Day Thread 26/03/2021 L1 OUFC v Lincoln City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh...

Would you describe yourself as a.... TRUE fan? I’m going to need to see some credentials.
I've got a bloody Peter Fear signed shirt framed on my wall, there is nothing that screams true fan more than having a momento to your team's worst ever player.

EDIT: ...although I don't stalk any of the squad on Twitter, so I guess maybe I'm not a "True" supporter...

The thing is, it’s possible to watch a bit of football between two random teams and find yourself drawn in - im not sure how true that is for other sports

Ice Hockey is very good to watch live, fast and generally end to end but still difficult to score but I can take or leave it on TV.

I've got a bloody Peter Fear signed shirt framed on my wall, there is nothing that screams true fan more than having a momento to your team's worst ever player.

EDIT: ...although I don't stalk any of the squad on Twitter, so I guess maybe I'm not a "True" supporter...
I’m more of a true fan than you. I’ve got a framed shirt signed by the entire squad which was relegated to the Conference on my wall. So ‘worst ever team’ beats ‘worst ever player.’

I’m more of a true fan than you. I’ve got a framed shirt signed by the entire squad which was relegated to the Conference on my wall. So ‘worst ever team’ beats ‘worst ever player.’
Christ. It’s like watching two bald blokes fighting over a comb.

I went to a college basketball game at Georgetown University in 2015. It was surprisingly enjoyable to watch and certainly you could see it required more skill than *just* being tall. Would definitely go again, although I do agree it's trickier to get full enjoyment out of a sport when you're not invested in the team. My friend who I went with was a student there so he was hugely invested because college sports are really tribal in America, and it was infectious to a point; certainly nothing on watching OUFC. That same friend is now ridiculously into real football and considers OUFC one of his two teams (his fiance is from a family of Liverpool supporters so he's taken up supporting them too :sick:) and watches most of our games on iFollow. I bought him the kit for Christmas too so he's a proper Yellow now.

I've been to a Cardiff Devils ice hockey game too as it's my partners team and sport. Also really enjoyable to watch. Converting her to a football and Oxford fan has not been a success however, although she does have a favourite player at least; Matty Taylor.

I agree basketball and hockey are easy to watch, it’s all about sticking the Ball in the onion baht, or equivalent.

Talking of true fans, I found myself looking at Alex Fisher on Instagram! Seems a very nice and funny guy

One thing the pandemic has done is made me more passionate and fiery about watching our team and far far less interested in the ‘day a game’ dreary predictable Prem. where the biggest game in town is whether Everton will finish fifth or seventh and where already the relegation battle is down to 1 of 2 teams. .

As for US sports, ice hockey looks the biz. Is there any aggro in the cheap seats?

Lincoln have called off their game on Friday due to Covid after positive tests on Monday. I assume our tests are still clear and hopefully remain so.

Their game against Charlton on Tuesday hasn't been decided on yet.

Lincoln have called off their game on Friday due to Covid after positive tests on Monday. I assume our tests are still clear and hopefully remain so.

Their game against Charlton on Tuesday hasn't been decided on yet.
Is their an increase in covid cases within the Lincoln team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom