Home Match Day Thread 28/08/2021 - L1: OUFC v Lincoln City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody is trying to restrict the economy. Just wear marks in enclosed spaces like the club ask you to.

Please, if you are over 11, bring a face cover to wear in all indoor areas such as concourses and stairwells, unless otherwise exempt

Well no staff, stewards were wearing any in the North stand yesterday maybe you might want to start with them first.

Glad you had a nice day out Kip. It’s amazing how you always seem to be out and about when we play well and win yet never miss a defeat.
Luck of the draw i guess. Hopefully ill get more right than wrong when i choose which games to travel down from Sheffield for...
Still got donkey rides on the beach?
Unfortunately not! Some things were definitely better in the 90s!

Yes, I appreciate that. I'm just making the point that covid is still around and can be caught at the Kassam, especially if you are young and not yet vaccinated. Wearing masks in the concourse would reduce this risk.
You’re 6X more likely to catch and spread COVID, once vaccinated. Have you not seen the thousands of ‘break through’ cases that are coming from the vaccinated? Masks do nothing. They are nothing more than a symbolic gesture, and show you who is willing to do the governments bidding for them. I’m not going to be shamed into doing something that I don’t want to do, just because you believe I should.

Last edited:
You’re 6X more likely to catch and spread COVID, once vaccinated. Have you not seen the thousands of ‘break through’ cases that are coming from the vaccinated? Masks do nothing. They are nothing more than a symbolic gesture, and show you who is willing to do the governments bidding for them. I’m not going to be shamed into doing something that I don’t want to do, just because you believe I should.
Oh FFS. You’re the guy who thinks Bill Gates is the king of the lizard people though, aren’t you?

I wonder what would happen if the govt made wearing tin-foil hats compulsory.

Read the article above.

We've already had this debate in the Covid thread. FP3 masks do work to stop particles but a piece of cloth that people call a face covering have limited success. It's actually unhealthy to breath in your own output aswell and that's why when working in a mask it's suggested you have a break every 30 minutes.

The government have stated masks aren't mandatory as we have the vaccine to protect us and its upto the individual to decide what's best for them.

Now I've been to 2 home games already this season and I've only seen maybe 1 out of a 100 wearing a mask in the concourses and entering the ground. Other environments like shops, reading festival, theme parks,gyms etc look at how many not wearing a mask and there is zero social distancing. Sure the numbers have gone up but they haven't rocketed ,considering we've gone from 2k fans to 7/8 k fans from last season the amount of people I know catching it hasn't really jumped up to much and this time alot of people are recovering quickly or have zero symptoms.

Time to get on with life now which was always going to be the case once we had a vaccine as the economy can't take any more restrictions.
You read the link that he posted first, right? https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02801-8

You read the link that he posted first, right? https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02801-8

So everything you read on the Internet is correct?

Maybe you should voice your concerns with the club rather then on this forum as 90 % weren't wearing a mask yesterday and no one was even enforcing it so maybe the club don't believe they really work either.

Enjoy the football and stop worrying about catching a virus with less then 1% fatal rate and thats even before the vaccine was administered.

So everything you read on the Internet is correct?

Maybe you should voice your concerns with the club rather then on this forum as 90 % weren't wearing a mask yesterday and no one was even enforcing it so maybe the club don't believe they really work either.

Enjoy the football and stop worrying about catching a virus with less then 1% fatal rate and thats even before the vaccine was administered.
Not going to go into this, but Nature is a respected academic journal - not just ‘something on the Internet’.

Try telling that to friends and relatives of somebody who has died from it or are suffering from Long Covid, or are immuno-suppressed. It is a horrible way to go.

I understand that, death is all around us wether it's Covid, Cancer, Heart disease, car accidents etc but we've had 18 months of restrictions to curve the spread and now have a vaccine available for near on everyone. The government were never going to please everyone by lifting restrictions but they just could not afford to keep bailing out everyone. Every person has a choice of what they think is best for them but you can't choose what others do around you.

Two bob says your sources about masks are less reputable than Nature Journal.
The key to getting information from the internet is working out which sources are reliable.
Media Studies has long been a joke degree, but it’s looking more and more like it should actually be compulsory

Not going to go into this, but Nature is a respected academic journal - not just ‘something on the Internet’.

Aye, if you wanted to summarize the nation's general ignorance of, and distrust in the scientific process in a single sentence, OX14's dismissal of a Nature paper as 'Something you find on the internet' would probably be up there!

Aye, if you wanted to summarize the nation's general ignorance of, and distrust in the scientific process in a single sentence, OX14's dismissal of a Nature paper as 'Something you find on the internet' would probably be up there!

The problem is a face covering is not a mask. Each mask has a different rating to what the level of protection it gives you. If everyone were wearing a fp3 mask and latex gloves I would understand but a piece of cloth over your mouth not covering your nose is doing nothing.

The problem is a face covering is not a mask. Each mask has a different rating to what the level of protection it gives you. If everyone were wearing a fp3 mask and latex gloves I would understand but a piece of cloth over your mouth not covering your nose is doing nothing.
It isn't to protect you, it's to protect others. I thought everyone was aware of this. You cough, mask stops a lot of it going into the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom