Home Match Day Thread 28/08/2021 - L1: OUFC v Lincoln City

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trouble is, they don't understand it.
The trouble is, that’s absolute B*****s though. Isn’t it? Masks do nothing. The CDC/WHO came out and told people not to wear them. Why would they come out and say that, if they actually work? They don’t. If they worked, we would have been using them to prevent the spread of flu, for decades. I’ve never worn a mask and I’ve never caught COVID. I know people that wear masks everywhere they go, and they’ve caught COVID. Wonder why that is?

If you honestly think that a single use piece of PPE that cost you a quid in Sainsbury’s is going to protect you against a virus that supposedly escaped from a level 4 virology lab then you’re off your tits…

The virus particulates are absolutely microscopic compared to the mesh in face masks. It’s like a fly passing through a wire fence.

Surely there is also an argument that wearing face masks /coverings for such a long period of time, could result in respiratory suppression and other problems? I’ve seen people wearing all sorts of things over their mouths; most of which, definitely isn't what you would consider to be medical grade PPE.

You only have to look as far as Sweden to realise that a country can survive COVID-19, without the need for a mask mandate.

Last edited:
The trouble is, that’s absolute B*****s though. Isn’t it? Masks do nothing. The CDC/WHO came out and told people not to wear them. Why would they come out and say that, if they actually work? They don’t. If they worked, we would have been using them to prevent the spread of flu, for decades. I’ve never worn a mask and I’ve never caught COVID. I know people that wear masks everywhere they go, and they’ve caught COVID. Wonder why that is?

If you honestly think that a single use piece of PPE that cost you a quid in Sainsbury’s is going to protect you against a virus that supposedly escaped from a level 4 virology lab then you’re off your tits…
Good masks (ffp2 and above) absolutely do help. Not hugely, but they do. And in a global pandemic, if i can help even a little bit by popping a bit of cloth over my gob, ill do that.

Anyhows, isnt Thorniley good?!

Good masks (ffp2 and above) absolutely do help. Not hugely, but they do. And in a global pandemic, if i can help even a little bit by popping a bit of cloth over my gob, ill do that.

Anyhows, isnt Thorniley good?!

I expect to see you wearing your full head hood mask when you actually attend a game then. 🤪

Just one more post that has nothing to do with the match and I'm closing this down. Then, if I have the time and inclination, I'll move all non match posts to a new thread where the believers and non-believers can fight out their holy war.
I started the face covering 'discussion' and I did it on this thread because a) the lack of respect for the club's wishes and the consequential risk (however small) it will have resulted in adversely impacted on my match day experience yesterday and b) I wanted as many people as possible on this forum to be aware of it. Please don't 'file it' away where fewer people will be made aware of their selfishness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom