Away Match Day Thread 31/07/21 PSF - Bristol R v OUFC

So, two centre-backs off injured today, must mean, what...

....four wingers in next week to replace them?

• React
Reactions: m
Well if anything that we learnt from today is that we don't have good enough back up in centre half position. Depending on what the injuries are we could be needing both of the rumoured centre half's through the door.

ft 3-2 .... hmmm 2nd batch of subs not all that! ;)

conceded 2 from a scummer ...that wasn't good!

Not knocking the kids that came on but the lack of depth at the back has really been exposed there. I was also a little disappointed with McGuane. Hoped to see a bit more from him but early days and its all been a bit stop start in preseason.

Good performance from what ive read apart from last 10 minutes. Only concern was the second center back but we knew that already and we know someone is incoming.

just a friendly. Starting xi created lots of changes. Good workout and let’s hope Moore is fit for Cambridge

Difficult to judge from such a disjointed game with all of the subs. But as expected, we look decent out wide and going forward, weak and short of depth in defence.

First 11 did very well, quite impressed. Game was lost by lack of cover at the back. Elechi and Johnson both great prospects but their lack of experience showed there. Thought McGuane and Cooper looked ok, Agyei and Taylor struggled to get much going. Bodin disappointing for me, barely got in the game from what I saw. Def start with the same midfield three and wingers at Cambridge in my opinion.

We became unrecognisable from the 70th minute onwards due to the volume of changes and
those lads at the back were playing Russian roulette. Not winning first contacts, not going with runners
and poor , poor passing and decision making.

ElechI has to be more positive at LB rather than trying to play safe all of the time. He was partly at fault
for the winner , losing out to a challenge , the ball runs to Pitman but Jack has learned a lesson
today as he should never get beaten from there.

We were very good up until the last twenty minutes but lost our shape big time.

Disappointing to see the youngsters not living up to hype. Dwelling on the ball and playing poor passes. (were they watching Mous?)
Moore going off is very worrying and the performances of some of those who probably consider themselves 1st team starters must be questioned.
Agyei ahead of Winnall please. Sykes, Brannagan, Henry impressed in midfield. Holland not up to speed yet but should get there. Seddon looks good, will have to watch his "professional tricks" though - we don't need another card collector! Can't wait to see Seddon and Whyte on the pitch together.

The biggest concern has to be defence, or lack of, and cover. This is going to be a busy week.

Thought we played really well first half and should have been up by at least 3 goals. Mous and Winnall the only 2 that weren't particularly good. Brannagan playing the quarterback role as the holding midfielder could be deadly with the pace of Whyte and Holland getting in behind.

Wonderful ball by Sykes for Henry's goal. They've developed some real nice link up play between them as the 2 more advanced CM's, I would say McGuane is going to have to do well to displace one of them at the moment

The young lads, in particular Johnson, had a bit of a shocker. But he will learn from that I'm sure, and if there's any time to make mistakes then it's during pre-season.

Back
Top Bottom