Away Match Day Thread 31/8/21 Papa John Trophy: Cambridge United v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Karl was surprised to see him when he turned up at last year’s training camp - read into that what you will regarding who recruited and bought him.
think Jerome said something in response to a tweet or text pre match regarding Osei Yaw on rad ox? - cant remember exactly but it was something along the lines on he wasn't going out on loan (to an EFL club) ? .... very odd that he didn't even feature on the bench for tonights JPT game though

Christ, get a grip of yourself. From what I heard, many of these youngsters can more than hold their heads high. And there will be far more pride in them doing so for an Oxford defeat than it would be to have a worldie for Havent and Waterlooville on loan.

Your constant dismissal of our youth players is an embarrassment and I'm glad that our management and coaching staff continue to have more faith in our future players than you do.
I agree with everything you say in this post - now can you stop having a go at me when there are people like him about 😂

Complete rubbish. Elechi had a really decent first half, and had to play out of position second half and naturally was against it because of McNally's red. He started to tire around 70 which for a youngster who played 25 minutes 10v11 out of position is not bad at all. He also didn't get enough defensive support from Holland and when attacking was ignored a few times by him too.

I don't know what your issue is with our youth players but for some reason you keep making s**t up about them and claiming it as fact when its absolute B*****s.
B****cks to you too, and keep your sh*tty personal comments to yourself if you cant be civilised. It's how I see it, after 70 mins he began to tire, and didn't challenge as much as he had been.
If you can't be civilised then join The luton forresters forum, as you are clearly angry about something. Try using the ignore key. It's a forum, for civilised comment of all persuasions, grow a pair and respond to the comment or don't respond at all.
Working with kids who have done all sorts of s**t, and continue to do all sorts of s**t stab, kill, is a real leveller and helps to see how valuable life is, when coming up against people like you, holier than though, whose only opinion matters.
When reading your post, with it's personal expletives about something as trivial as football, it shows how insignificant your comments really are. Grow up ffs! its football.

B****cks to you too, and keep your sh*tty personal comments to yourself if you cant be civilised. It's how I see it, after 70 mins he began to tire, and didn't challenge as much as he had been.
If you can't be civilised then join The luton forresters forum, as you are clearly angry about something. Try using the ignore key. It's a forum, for civilised comment of all persuasions, grow a pair and respond to the comment or don't respond at all.
Working with kids who have done all sorts of s**t, and continue to do all sorts of s**t stab, kill, is a real leveller and helps to see how valuable life is, when coming up against people like you, holier than though, whose only opinion matters.
When reading your post, with it's personal expletives about something as trivial as football, it shows how insignificant your comments really are. Grow up ffs! its football.
I also work in the Prison Service so we are both coming from the same place, however you are an absolute fool and your constant knocking of youth players is embarrassing.

Like an episode of "Time" or "Porridge" round here. :)

We lost in a group game of the tinpot trophy. Yes, it's "nice" if we progress but it is an unnecessary distraction that is a prelude to Prem B/Feeder teams in the pyramid.

Lots of fringe players got a properly competitive game and showed their strengths (Dan in the middle) and a lot of weaknesses to work on.

"Think of the fans" ------------ Anyone who travelled to that is a scab, simple as.*

*exemption for the Final obvs.

Move on, bigger fish to fry.

‘Grow us ffs’ you say? Maybe heed your own advice.

Losing 4-1 is never good but we had a youth team out there last night im not to fussed about this competition tbh I’d rather the young lads got a couple more games just for abit more experience and then in January loan some of them out to gain more experience our main aim this season is promotion not winning a Mickey Mouse cup

That Jack Stevens will never make it comments from you and your criticism of every young player are tiresome .
Have a think yourself perhaps before knocking others who actually try and support the club and its players.

Crikey. Who would have thought an EFL Trophy loss would get the forum so animated.

Of all the priorities this season, it’s low on the agenda however I wouldn’t be so dismissive of it. The more games we have in it, the more we can utilise our youth and second string to ensure we have a fighting fit squad to tackle whatever this season throws at us. It’s a group stage defeat. Win the next two in 90 minutes and we progress. If we don’t, no bother. We’ll be exiting with a fair number of other sides too and there’s no harm in that.

That XI that started will never be chosen as a starting line up for a league game so there was always going to be limitations to it. As I mentioned in the thread, to give away such easy goals to set pieces though is not just an issue for this team but the entire squad. It needs working on.

Yep, we dont have enough up front. Best midfield in the league by an absolute mile, just hope Taylor stays fit! Likewise Seddon. I know this wont surprise people, but weve not done quite enough for me to make us top 2 candidates.
I too share your view that we are light upfront without Taylor.
And Seddon needs to stay fit or we will be poorer.
With a bit of luck on the injury front though, who knows? I still think top 6 more likely than top 2, but we have started well and have a better squad than last year.
It would be interesting to know but I suspect that most of the other clubs at the top have key players they would struggle without?

I too share your view that we are light upfront without Taylor.
And Seddon needs to stay fit or we will be poorer.
With a bit of luck on the injury front though, who knows? I still think top 6 more likely than top 2, but we have started well and have a better squad than last year.
It would be interesting to know but I suspect that most of the other clubs at the top have key players they would struggle without?
I think we’re light in those areas. I assume we will recalibrate in January and get another striker if Sam or Dan haven’t stepped up.

Hahaha I never actually said anything about you as a person in my post, just your opinions about our youth team. You're entitled to those opinions, just as I am entitled to my opinion that you're talking crap and appear to have something really against our youngsters - something others have also called out several times in the past. All the personal attacks here have come from you - but I'm "grown up" enough to laugh it off without needing to post my life story to try and make someone feel guilty for calling out your opinion.

You don't know a thing about me, my life, or my hardships - but the PERSONAL COMMENTS saying I'm angry, need to grow a pair, holier than though, insignificant and need to grow up are significantly bigger attacks than me challenging your opinion and calling it B*****s. And if you did know me you'd know how far from the truth they are too.

Freedom of speech and freedom of opinion does not equal freedom from challenge.

Peace and love, I hope one day Elechi proves you wrong.

Pros
- Herbie can pick a pass like a genius and if he plays through balls like that to gav, nath and Matty it could be a special season!
- Agyei despite looking soft at times has a bloody stunner in his locker. That alone made the game worth watching…
- the young’uns got a run out
- O’Donkor and Cooper looked class at times

Cons
- Set pieces (especially third goal) we’re embarrassing
- Some lads failed on their positioning work which left huge gaps.

Craig and Karl will be on it like a rash and plenty to work on. Hopefully we can scrape through with a half decent squad and we could do with the extra revenue, but priority has to be the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom