Away Match Build Up 4/9/21 L1: AFC Wimbledon v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ticketing chaos leads to the match being delayed until 4.00pm as Ox fans enter all areas of the ground.
An end-to-end match ends with a 3-1 away win after a police dog savages the AFC keeper in the 75th minute leading to Winnall scoring twice in the 17 minutes of injury time. Many trains are missed even at £6.75 a pint!

If we have any asperations of getting promoted then we have to win games like these. Going to be tough. They are a hard team to beat but beat them we must. We just have to find away to do it. Down to you UTO ( i mean Karl ) ;). 1:0 to the mighty Yellows Seddon to score the winner. COYY

Not sure I agree - you are getting very close to calling this a 'must win game'! I think a draw would be OK (not that I think we can't win it, I think we can and will).

Win all your home games, draw all your away games and you're up ;)

No its not a must win game in the context that if we don't then our season is over. The context i meant it in was that its games like Wimbledon are the type of games that we need to maximise our points, like we did very well last season, when we picked up a shed load of points against the teams in the lower reaches of the league.

A draw would be fine with this game I think, but I reckon we've got enough to get the win. Unless either Bodin or Williams are back I'd guess we'll see either Agyei or Holland starting on the left with Sykes on the right. As much as I want to see McGuane I can't see KR playing him over one of the other two in LW, and our midfield three have dominated games this season so I wouldn't change any of them either.

Stevens
Forde Moore Thornily Seddon
Gorrin
Henry Brannagan
Sykes Taylor Holland

2-1 win, goals from Taylor and Henry.

No its not a must win game in the context that if we don't then our season is over. The context i meant it in was that its games like Wimbledon are the type of games that we need to maximise our points, like we did very well last season, when we picked up a shed load of points against the teams in the lower reaches of the league.
Oh yes, I agree with that. Of course we also need to improve against the 'better' teams in the league - last season we were remarkably consistent in beating those who ended up below us and losing to those finishing above us!

Just a heads up for any other Oxford fans in Canada - tomorrow’s game is available on DAZN and is not available on ifollow.

Given that there are only three games tomorrow in League 1, it may be that other overseas fans want to check whether ifollow is showing the video feed of the game or whether the tv provider owning the rights to EFL games in your country has picked up this game (which generally means no ifollow video feed….you can normally get audio though). You can normally check that here:

Just a heads up for any other Oxford fans in Canada - tomorrow’s game is available on DAZN and is not available on ifollow.

Given that there are only three games tomorrow in League 1, it may be that other overseas fans want to check whether ifollow is showing the video feed of the game or whether the tv provider owning the rights to EFL games in your country has picked up this game (which generally means no ifollow video feed….you can normally get audio though). You can normally check that here:

Canada - A wonderful country, but having to cope with all those bears, moose, cold, snow, and the USA tantalisingly over the border!🥶

A good start will be getting in the ground and no hassle over the tickets. Won’t be easy but then again no game will be easy but a chance to shine tomorrow.

Wimbledon are a different type of side this season, a lot of youth and the manager has changed their style somewhat apparently.
Personally think this is the first game to really see where we're at this season.
I think you’ll find that happened last season - they played more football in the three games against us than they had in the previous ten years.

Any good suggestions for parking?
I’m meeting mates in Garden Shed pub beforehand.
hartfield road car park looks close.

Where’s everyone drinking?
wandle looks a good shout for earlsfield then a 15 min walk to ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom