Away Match Day Thread 4/9/21 L1: AFC Wimbledon v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you have 5'7" Ryan Williams marking 6'2" Centre back Hennegan you know we are in for a rough ride. We are a tiny side .
This was what I noticed on numerous setpieces on Saturday, I mean in my opinion that was ludicrous from us allowing that matchup from a setpiece, said it to my mate before the setpiece was delivered why is Williams marking there CB. Leadership needs to be taken there and realise the danger. Think we are a bit naive in that aspect.

I generally agree with your brand of optimism and support. And I would love Winnall to start scoring goals and be good, but I am afraid to me and many other posters he just looks sadly slow and past it Apart from shouting what did he contribute on Saturday unfortunately zero. Agyei might be inconsistent but he actually contributes. Please Scotchers explain to me why he is a better option than Dan who could be a real prospect. Im afraid Sam looks like a memory.
Please Scotchegg reply I am really interested in your response.

One worry is if we're losing to Bolton ,Wimbledon drawing at Cambridge those are the easier teams away we have got this season . There are alot of very tough away games to come not a good start to the season at all. A defeat on Saturday and there will be alot of moaning .

not a good start to the season at all.
Are you joking? Yes we’ve dropped points, but Wimbledon and Bolton are good sides! Should we have beaten them? Probably, but that’s football. You seem to be forgetting the fact that we made Lincoln and Charlton look absolutely ordinary, in 2 games that many fancied us to lose? To say we haven’t had a good start to the season is nonsense! If we had won on Saturday, we would be top of the league! If we win on Saturday, we will be in the top 2. I think some perspective is needed…

And let’s be honest, we could be 10 points clear and people would still find something to moan about!

Last edited:
Are you joking? Yes we’ve dropped points, but Wimbledon and Bolton are good sides! Should we have beaten them? Probably, but that’s football. You seem to be forgetting the fact that we made Lincoln and Charlton look absolutely ordinary, in 2 games that many fancied us to lose? To say we haven’t had a good start to the season is nonsense! If we had won on Saturday, we would be top of the league! If we win on Saturday, we will be in the top 2. I think some perspective is needed…

And let’s be honest, we could be 10 points clear and people would still find something to moan about!

I'd say it's somehow managed to be a decent start and yet still a bit disappointing.

I don't know what that means but I do know we should stop conceding so many from set pieces.

Apparently I'm quite the oracle today.

I'd say it's somehow managed to be a decent start and yet still a bit disappointing.

I don't know what that means but I do know we should stop conceding so many from set pieces.

We always start badly, but at least this time we have some points

Having high expectations is fine, but lets not lose sight of the positives! Win on Saturday and we’re right up there. Lose, and we’re still up there. It’s a long season, and as we all know, the first 10 games are won’t define it!

• React
Reactions: m

Perhaps it's because we've had 2 disappointing results recently, and so they're clouding the overall picture. I think we're doing ok. We'll play some teams off the pitch with our super duper football and lose to others that kick the ball high in the air. Hopefully the first happens way more than the second and we can repeat the whole experience again in the Championship next season, where the super duper football is even more super and the high in the air stuff is more accurate and faster (and still not sign full back cover).

E-f8zBHWYAI6cSu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom