International News Black Lives Matter

No it is not "racist".

The fact that the overwhelming amount of gang violence in London is committed by young black males isn`t "racist".
In London, 89 per cent of the 3362 individuals on the MPS Matrix in May 2018 were from a Black or minority ethnic social group.
A total of 78 per cent were Black African Caribbean and 11 per cent were from other ethnic minority groups.
Source: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1473225420912331

When you find out that my "assumption" was wrong come back and apologise.
Do you share these assumptions in your workplace?

Do you share these assumptions in your workplace?

Why would I?
I know the ethnicity of all the people I work with.

In this case the victim is black and, if I was a gambling person, I would bet that those charged are black.

You might call it an "assumption" I call it realism.

It was reported from day one that she was shot in the garden of the house by four black males.
On that basis it’s a reasonable assumption that those charged are BAME? I’d say so.
Based on their names alone and without the information above? Anyone who has worked or lived in areas of prevalent BAME communities would say yes to that as well, don’t be afraid to commit to an opinion @Scotchegg, I bet you thought it too..

It was reported from day one that she was shot in the garden of the house by four black males.
On that basis it’s a reasonable assumption that those charged are BAME? I’d say so.
Based on their names alone and without the information above? Anyone who has worked or lived in areas of prevalent BAME communities would say yes to that as well, don’t be afraid to commit to an opinion @Scotchegg, I bet you thought it too..

Whether the individuals are black or not isn't really the point. It's the fact that Essex made that assumption because of their names. I asked the question about whether he made the same assumptions in his workplace as I'm pretty sure that if they were to assume that "Troy" was black and in a gang then it would be challenged. Yet he does exactly that on an Internet forum.

Essex is not stupid, but is clearly ignorant and holds views that many would agree are racist. But for someone so happy to label others, he's a little sensitive to being labelled himself.

Whether the individuals are black or not isn't really the point. It's the fact that Essex made that assumption because of their names. I asked the question about whether he made the same assumptions in his workplace as I'm pretty sure that if they were to assume that "Troy" was black and in a gang then it would be challenged. Yet he does exactly that on an Internet forum.

Essex is not stupid, but is clearly ignorant and holds views that many would agree are racist. But for someone so happy to label others, he's a little sensitive to being labelled himself.

Since when did I say "all black males are in gangs"? Save you checking I didn`t.

Do young black males in London make up the majority of gangs? Read the link.

Does that mean you can throw the "racist" card when someone points out the reality? Seems so.

"Clearly ignorant and holds views that many would agree are racist"?
Point one, blunt and realistic but far from ignorant.
Point two, who are the "many"?
That`ll be you then.
Just so we are clear, boss.

Since when did I say "all black males are in gangs"? Save you checking I didn`t.

Do young black males in London make up the majority of gangs? Read the link.

Does that mean you can throw the "racist" card when someone points out the reality? Seems so.

"Clearly ignorant and holds views that many would agree are racist"?
Point one, blunt and realistic but far from ignorant.
Point two, who are the "many"?
That`ll be you then.
Just so we are clear, boss.
Both ignorant and racist, boss.

My point was that it’s not unreasonable to assume the four are BAME based solely on their names.
Simply take those four first names out of the context we’re talking about, forget guns, gangs, areas where they live, just their names, I’ll still say I reckon they‘re BAME. Stereotyping maybe, but not racist.

Here’s an example of a bit of casual racism that slipped out of the Aussie ch7 newsroom. The abuse in the article and the stupid tag line from the tweeter show why it’s important to keep on shining the light on prejudice. I’m glad both teams took the knee before the final and I hope other teams are brave enough to keep on doing it.

Here’s an example of a bit of casual racism that slipped out of the Aussie ch7 newsroom. The abuse in the article and the stupid tag line from the tweeter show why it’s important to keep on shining the light on prejudice. I’m glad both teams took the knee before the final and I hope other teams are brave enough to keep on doing it.
This is fake news. the Aussie journalist was pointing out the reaction of some around the world to the fact that...It was a click bait headline, but i think many are being over sensitive. But as they say, if your arm or foot is on the throat of someone, keep it there. Jesus is the only answer. Human beings are still quite young, we've multiplied amazingly, unfortunately there are nutters in every country on the planet.

This is fake news. the Aussie journalist was pointing out the reaction of some around the world to the fact that...It was a click bait headline, but i think many are being over sensitive. But as they say, if your arm or foot is on the throat of someone, keep it there. Jesus is the only answer. Human beings are still quite young, we've multiplied amazingly, unfortunately there are nutters in every country on the planet.
Eh? The racism is from the ch7 newsroom who tweeted about their own article with a racist line, and then rapidly deleted it.

Bit of a weird religious response from you tbf.

Eh? The racism is from the ch7 newsroom who tweeted about their own article with a racist line, and then rapidly deleted it.

Bit of a weird religious response from you tbf.
I guess a youngster thinking, what's gonna get most clicks? Well obviously a headline like that, and if it will be taken down it'll get a lot of people talking about C7 in many places around the world. So he or she was just doing their job. The fact is, it was three people of colour who missed the penalties. Oz is mainly a tolerant welcoming nation. And what were they thinking putting a 19 year old on the fifth?

Oz is mainly a tolerant welcoming nation.
Interesting comment. I love living here, but there is plenty intolerance. I guess you’ve not seen the cars driving round with “f**k off we’re full” bumper stickers?
You quoted Alan Jones in another post. He’s an absolute fruitloop reactionary shock jock who frequently spurts intolerant bile onto the airways.

Interesting comment. I love living here, but there is plenty intolerance. I guess you’ve not seen the cars driving round with “f**k off we’re full” bumper stickers?
You quoted Alan Jones in another post. He’s an absolute fruitloop reactionary shock jock who frequently spurts intolerant bile onto the airways.
i've listened to A Jones many times on 2GB, doesn't he just do some work on Sky News now? I've only heard the comment, "Fit in or fcuk off". But of course there are gonna be a few. The mines are on the down hill now aren't they? So...

i've listened to A Jones many times on 2GB, doesn't he just do some work on Sky News now? I've only heard the comment, "Fit in or fcuk off". But of course there are gonna be a few. The mines are on the down hill now aren't they? So...
Jones was effectively forced to resign because the advertisers on 2GB had had enough.

I really don`t understand why police forces target young, black males in areas of high knife crime and gang "turf wars".

Of course I should know its because there aren`t "opportunities" for young, black males......... except the poor black kid they murdered hadn`t gained a degree and wasn`t pursuing a worthwhile career because those opportunities aren`t there????

Back
Top Bottom