National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

Guess who's on holiday again?

Madeira added to the green list but not until 4 am on Wednesday.

Wonder when he'll be back?

Guess who's on holiday again?

Madeira added to the green list but not until 4 am on Wednesday.

Wonder when he'll be back?

3.00am Wednesday?

Or he`ll be part of a special testing programme like Gove or someone else was? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Good to see the Saj is off to a flier as Health Sec.

One of the first things he did was pay tribute to Matt Hancock...

Seriously?

What for???...Not being able to keep it in his trousers and present Javid with a Job Opportunity is my guess....that or maybe for making a bunch of rich folk even richer perhaps.

That and the small matter of stating all restrictions must end on the 19th July...no matter what....and no return to any lockdown again in this pandemic...again no matter what.

Great start[emoji1787]

I guess we should expect nothing less (or should that be more) from putting a Tory Banker in charge of the nations health.

Seriously?

What for???...Not being able to keep it in his trousers and present Javid with a Job Opportunity is my guess....that or maybe for making a bunch of rich folk even richer perhaps.

That and the small matter of stating all restrictions must end on the 19th July...no matter what....and no return to any lockdown again in this pandemic...again no matter what.

Great start[emoji1787]

I guess we should expect nothing less (or should that be more) from putting a Tory Banker in charge of the nations health.
Fact checker needed re’ 19th July ?
( Newsnight reported differently)

Seriously?

Great start[emoji1787]

He stood up in the house and told MPs he sees no reason for restrictions to remain beyond 19th July.

The wonderful use of language can give two different outcomes.

And what he actually said................................ from Hansard.

"I spent my first day as Health Secretary—just yesterday—looking at the data and testing it to the limit. While we decided not to bring forward step 4, we see no reason to go beyond 19 July because, in truth, no date we choose comes with zero risk for covid. We know we cannot simply eliminate it; we have to learn to live with it. We also know that people and businesses need certainty, so we want every step to be irreversible. Make no mistake: the restrictions on our freedoms must come to an end. We owe it to the British people, who have sacrificed so much, to restore their freedoms as quickly as we possibly can, and not to wait a moment longer than we need to.
With the numbers heading in the right direction, all while we protect more and more people each day, 19 July remains our target date. The Prime Minister has called it our terminus date. For me, 19 July is not only the end of the line, but the start of an exciting new journey for our country. At this crucial moment in our fight back against this pandemic, we must keep our resolve and keep on our road map to freedom so that together we can beat this pandemic and build back better. It is a task that I am deeply honoured to lead and one I know will succeed. I commend this statement to the House."

Thank you.

And the same source Jon Ashworth also paid tribute to Hancock...... sorry @Sheik djibouti ....they all do it. ;)

"Can I just say at the outset that, despite our fierce political differences, my dealings with the previous Secretary of State, the right hon. Member for West Suffolk (Matt Hancock), were always courteous, respectful and professional, and I wish him well in resolving his personal difficulties."

The wonderful use of language can give two different outcomes.

And what he actually said................................ from Hansard.

"I spent my first day as Health Secretary—just yesterday—looking at the data and testing it to the limit. While we decided not to bring forward step 4, we see no reason to go beyond 19 July because, in truth, no date we choose comes with zero risk for covid. We know we cannot simply eliminate it; we have to learn to live with it. We also know that people and businesses need certainty, so we want every step to be irreversible. Make no mistake: the restrictions on our freedoms must come to an end. We owe it to the British people, who have sacrificed so much, to restore their freedoms as quickly as we possibly can, and not to wait a moment longer than we need to.
With the numbers heading in the right direction, all while we protect more and more people each day, 19 July remains our target date. The Prime Minister has called it our terminus date. For me, 19 July is not only the end of the line, but the start of an exciting new journey for our country. At this crucial moment in our fight back against this pandemic, we must keep our resolve and keep on our road map to freedom so that together we can beat this pandemic and build back better. It is a task that I am deeply honoured to lead and one I know will succeed. I commend this statement to the House."

Thank you.
Yep...confirms what I said.

He sees no reason. And I dare say he will see no reason at any time between now and 19th July....regardless....so just learn to live with it.

Thank you!

Yep...confirms what I said.

He sees no reason. And I dare say he will see no reason at any time between now and 19th July....regardless....so just learn to live with it.

Thank you!

He didn`t say "no matter what"............... that was your interpretation and unconscious bias at work....... ;)

And we will, at some stage, have to learn to live with it.

Johnson now trying to claim he sacked Hancock despite clearly stating he stood by the him on Friday.
This guy must think we’re all complete idiots!! He hasn’t once made a front foot proactive decision in his entire premiership!!

Dither and delay

• React
Reactions: m
He didn`t say "no matter what"............... that was your interpretation and unconscious bias at work....... ;)

And we will, at some stage, have to learn to live with it.
Whichever way you try to spin it with your conscious bias....I would think his words were carefully chosen to say that there will be no restrictions beyond 19th July. Yes the "no matter what" was my interpretation, because I'm pretty convinced that is what we'll see.

Do you think differently and does the governments track record thus far on dither and delay suggest even the possibility of a different outcome?

Whichever way you try to spin it with your conscious bias....I would think his words were carefully chosen to say that there will be no restrictions beyond 19th July. Yes the "no matter what" was my interpretation, because I'm pretty convinced that is what we'll see.

Do you think differently and does the governments track record thus far on dither and delay suggest even the possibility of a different outcome?
The Right-Wing press certainly seem to be of the opinion he's said the 19th and that is it done, judging by the front pages this morning.

Back
Top Bottom