National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

And the same source Jon Ashworth also paid tribute to Hancock...... sorry @Sheik djibouti ....they all do it. ;)

"Can I just say at the outset that, despite our fierce political differences, my dealings with the previous Secretary of State, the right hon. Member for West Suffolk (Matt Hancock), were always courteous, respectful and professional, and I wish him well in resolving his personal difficulties."
That's not paying tribute to any achievements! That's recognising that he has basic human qualities (respect, courtesy and professionalism) which you would expect from anyone employed as front of house in a McDonalds :ROFLMAO:

His wife and children may beg to differ of course....

That's not paying tribute to any achievements! That's recognising that he has basic human qualities (respect, courtesy and professionalism) which you would expect from anyone employed as front of house in a McDonalds :ROFLMAO:

His wife and children may beg to differ of course....
He done wrong he’s gone but managed to set up one of the best vaccination programmes in the world, not many excuses for his behaviour.

He done wrong he’s gone but managed to set up one of the best vaccination programmes in the world, not many excuses for his behaviour.
Well, I guess if he is responsible for the vaccine programme, then he is equally responsible for the 125,000 deaths, the car crash of test and trace and the release of infected people into care homes...not to mention the various PPE fiascos of unsuitable equipment and suppliers....and the billions being trousered by his chums in the process.

He's got to take the rough with the smooth after all.....

Oh...and then there is his behaviour and conduct.

I would genuinely like to know how much of the excellent vaccination rollout is due to government ministers, how much to the civil servants that support them, how much to the NHS and how much to others involved. Because credit is due where it's due in that particular case.

(My natural cynicism would say the ministers aren't able to organise a P**s up in a brewery, but would take try to take credit for brewing the beer, growing the wheat and inventing beer in the first place - but I know this is a prejudice!)

Last edited:
I would genuinely like to know how much of the excellent vaccination rollout is due to government ministers, how much to the civil servants that support them, how much to the NHS and how much to others involved. Because credit is due where it's due in that particular case.

(My natural cynicism would say the ministers aren't able to organise a P**s up in a brewery, but would take try to take credit for brewing the beer, growing the wheat and inventing beer in the first place - but I know this is a prejudice!)

This won`t sit well with many but it was down to who the ministers knew, throwing money at it, and bypassing bureaucracy. 😁

Nicely outlined here: https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n421

Well, I guess if he is responsible for the vaccine programme, then he is equally responsible for the 125,000 deaths, the car crash of test and trace and the release of infected people into care homes...not to mention the various PPE fiascos of unsuitable equipment and suppliers....and the billions being trousered by his chums in the process.

He's got to take the rough with the smooth after all.....

Oh...and then there is his behaviour and conduct.
💤💤💤

Schools have always been melting pots of various illnesses.
Keep the kids at home they lose natural immunity, lose education, social skills etc etc which causes long-term problems.
Send them in they bring it home and kill granny on Sunday.

There is a study/plan that after the Summer holidays the positive child isolates and the "bubble" stays in school but does daily LF tests.

Tricky one to be fair.

This may explain why Russia made a big deal about HMS Defender. Making claims about bases being set up in Ukraine and linked to Putin's summit with Biden. It was all about making some noise.

Although the Russians kept quiet about the Dutch ship being buzzed in international waters a little later which somewhat reaffirms them not wanting other nations' navies in that area.

Last edited:

This may explain why Russia made a big deal about HMS Defender. Making claims about bases being set up in Ukraine and linked to Putin's summit with Biden. It was all about making some noise.

Although the Russians kept quiet about the Dutch ship being buzzed in international waters a little later which somewhat reaffirms them not wanting other nations' navies in that area.

In addition, the Russians have been shadowing and exercising near the Queen Elizabeth Taskforce and continue to do so, this is all a normal part of the 'game' and expected on both sides:

Yep...confirms what I said.

He sees no reason. And I dare say he will see no reason at any time between now and 19th July....regardless....so just learn to live with it.

Thank you!

Bloody Hell…. It is the only way. It’s not going anywhere soon, so what do you suggest?

Yep...confirms what I said.

He sees no reason. And I dare say he will see no reason at any time between now and 19th July....regardless....so just learn to live with it.

Thank you!

Cases may well be up but only 1% are ending up in hospital and only a few of those need ICU/Critical care.
Deaths are in the 20`s and for some context 1600 folk die per day normally.
Every day that passes by more folk will be jabbed and, yes, we will have to live with it.
There will still be changes, think masks in public buildings, buses, trains alongside testing and similar mitigation.

Cases may well be up but only 1% are ending up in hospital and only a few of those need ICU/Critical care.
Deaths are in the 20`s and for some context 1600 folk die per day normally.
Every day that passes by more folk will be jabbed and, yes, we will have to live with it.
There will still be changes, think masks in public buildings, buses, trains alongside testing and similar mitigation.

I agree.

As long as death rates remain as low as they are now we should remove restrictions as planned.

It's probably not going away ever.

between the vaccine & antibodies due to having the virus it’s estimated that 80%of the population have a degree of protection against COVID-19.
Question, what level do we need to reach herd immunity. 70% was mentioned at the beginning of this pandemic, we have 20,000 & rising new infections per day with no signs of slowing.

between the vaccine & antibodies due to having the virus it’s estimated that 80%of the population have a degree of protection against COVID-19.
Question, what level do we need to reach herd immunity. 70% was mentioned at the beginning of this pandemic, we have 20,000 & rising new infections per day with no signs of slowing.

Still a big "pool" of people out there with no immunity or jabs but they are mostly young and less likely to succumb to anything nasty.
If it`s 10% of 68 million that is still a lot of people that can get/spread it.

Back
Top Bottom