National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

Been thinking about this today and my personal opinion is we are seeing Johnson attempting to lead without the strategy of Cummings.

I think he’s backed himself into a corner that he’ll do well to get out of. Surely if we crack on and it goes downhill rapidly and we have a new strain that’s worse or the NHS can’t deal with it and we go into lockdown he’s knackered. If he cancels like Christmas he’s got his own party and those that what restrictions removed on his case calling for his head.

In my completely unguided by the science and non-Oxford educated brain I’d have managed expectations and said we crack on like we are until the current cases plateau (if they would have) and then reevaluated. It’s almost back to normal bar masks in shops and clubs/waiting 20 mins at a bar while someone who holds a 20 gets served in front of you anyway.

It’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out. My respect for our CMO etc. is all but gone after he came out today and said “it could get scary” he had an opportunity to say that a fortnight ago but bottled it. Fauci was far more vociferous when dealing with Trump.

My tinfoil hat on now… I actually woke up today and thought the govt. want the NHS overrun so they can say “it’ll never be able to cope and we need to privatise” but that’s something else entirely.

All this tax I pay, and it won’t stretch to a Prime Minister.

All I need is a bit of leadership, what to do when my customers get frustrated. It’s not hard Boris, just give us the laws

My tinfoil hat on now… I actually woke up today and thought the govt. want the NHS overrun so they can say “it’ll never be able to cope and we need to privatise” but that’s something else entirely.
No tin-foil hat needed. That’s obviously another prong to their attack on the NHS. The NHS isn’t even close to being overrun and hasn’t been, at any point, during this pandemic! The reason it is suffering is because staff aren’t paid enough, they are mistreated, and often blamed for the problems that are created and allowed to happen, at the hands of this (and the preceding) government! Why would anyone want to join an industry that is overworked and overpaid? 4FA99852-2CA9-4E87-9FDA-DC9C7ACAC00E.jpeg
To me, and many others I am sure, this looks like your average flu season! The plot of this graph isn’t even as bad as the worst flu season in the last 20 years so please, tell me, after having looked at this (official data, I might add) that there is a pandemic that’s worthy of crippling our health care system? Nonsense. Absolute nonsense.

Question everything.

Last edited:
No tin-foil hat needed. That’s obviously another prong to their attack on the NHS. The NHS isn’t even close to being overrun and hasn’t been, at any point, during this pandemic! The reason it is suffering is because staff aren’t paid enough, they are mistreated, and often blamed for the problems that are created and allowed to happen, at the hands of this (and the preceding) government! Why would anyone want to join an industry that is overworked and overpaid? View attachment 6786
To me, and many others I am sure, this looks like your average flu season! The plot of this graph isn’t even as bad as the worst flu season in the last 20 years so please, tell me, after having looked at this (official data, I might add) that there is a pandemic that’s worthy of crippling our health care system? Nonsense. Absolute nonsense.

Question everything.
The difference is that there were no lockdowns during previous flu seasons. This looks like this despite huge mitigation strategies, the whole point of which was to flatten the curve to make it look like a more typical viral season.

No tin-foil hat needed. That’s obviously another prong to their attack on the NHS. The NHS isn’t even close to being overrun and hasn’t been, at any point, during this pandemic! The reason it is suffering is because staff aren’t paid enough, they are mistreated, and often blamed for the problems that are created and allowed to happen, at the hands of this (and the preceding) government! Why would anyone want to join an industry that is overworked and overpaid? To me, and many others I am sure, this looks like your average flu season! The plot of this graph isn’t even as bad as the worst flu season in the last 20 years so please, tell me, after having looked at this (official data, I might add) that there is a pandemic that’s worthy of crippling our health care system? Nonsense. Absolute nonsense.

Question everything.

The problem is that the NHS & its budget is used as a political football.
We go from famine to feast with money, although it was nice that Matt H wiped out our historical debt with a swipe of the pen.
The issue with Covid was that having 1 infected patient effectively closed a ward to admissions early on, then you have to shift the staff to high dependency/ITU and you can`t just drag qualified folk off the street to fill the gap.
When we have patient flow it is a wonderful system to see happening, once flow slows or stops we are buggered.

A thought provoking piece.

Almost explains why Mrs T was the greatest PM this country has ever, or will ever, have. :)

Understood normal people, economics and driving growth, even if there were some casualties along the way because there always are casualties.

Almost explains why Mrs T was the greatest PM this country has ever, or will ever, have. :)

Understood normal people, economics and driving growth, even if there were some casualties along the way because there always are casualties.

She drove growth in the South. Come and check out the North sometime.

Tony Blair is the best by an absolute distance (domestically).

I thought it was an interesting piece from someone who'd experienced a private education. Explaining how separation from your parents at an early age can heighten a person's survival instincts which can in turn impact on their empathy for others in later life.

But you...

Look over there! I can see the IEA from here! Right wing, neoliberal... ah hem... 'think tank'

I thought it was an interesting piece from someone who'd experienced a private education. Explaining how separation from your parents at an early age can heighten a person's survival instincts which can in turn impact on their empathy for others in later life.

But you...

Look over there! I can see the IEA from here! Right wing, neoliberal... ah hem... 'think tank'

Ah yes, tell me about parental separation, my father died when I was 13. Mum had to do several jobs to keep the roof over our heads so we were "latch key kids" I know nothing about that and its impact on empathy, or how it changes your mindset. :rolleyes:

Mrs T created a positive ethic for everyone because she understood offering opportunity drives everyone forward, hence increase in the standard of living and the opportunity to progress no matter where you came from.

Yes, the opportunity to buy a 3 bed semi on Oxford for sub £32k might have swung my opinion over the years. ;)

Even Blair "got it" being the most conservative Labour leader for decades.

Then Labour went screwball with Corbyn, they went so screwball Starmer is struggling to get them back into the middle ground, meanwhile Boris is cementing that blue wall and, internal party hatchet jobs aside, could be in place for many more years.

Enjoy.

Rabbit holes for as far as the eye can see!

The topic is Boris - better get used to him he`ll be here for a while.

Using the force...........
View attachment 6950

I'm not so sure about his lifespan.

Another incident reported where he nearly croaked it - second in one year after shaking hands with Covid victims. His biggest risk is himself...

Thank the Lord his protection officers didn't follow their instincts and turn a blind eye!

I'm not so sure about his lifespan.

Another incident reported where he nearly croaked it - second in one year after shaking hands with Covid victims. His biggest risk is himself...

Thank the Lord his protection officers didn't follow their instincts and turn a blind eye!

Got to take risks man........... push on with life!

Looks like me at parkrun..... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
1628450243891.png

She drove growth in the South. Come and check out the North sometime.

Tony Blair is the best by an absolute distance (domestically).
He took our armed forces to war on the day so of a pathetic president and the lies of his spun doctor, so no Blair was not a great Prime-minister.

IEA

Greensill: David Cameron 'made $10m' before company’s collapse https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58149765

Not BJ this time but just another story to P**s off the average voter.

Things will never ever change.
And not corrupt. Supposedly.

When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it.
Frédéric Bastiat

(and people like @Essexyellows who swallow it whole)
QR

Back
Top Bottom