Bounce Back at Burton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainox

So we move on to yet another big game. Burton can go above us with a win and we need a win to keep in touch with the the playoffs.

Would expect a few changes from the weekend. Will Agyei finally get a start?

Other games within the playoff picture.
Coventry v Pompey
Wycombe v Fleetwood
Doncaster, Peterborough and Sunderland all have relatively straightforward looking home games whilst Ipswich travel to Wimbledon.

Would love to see Agyei, Kelly and Thorne start this. We seem badly in need of some fresh legs.

Can't make this one due to trains, will pay the ifollow price of £10.

A win at Burton tomorrow,- probably have to battle hard for it too, but 3pts is 3pts- that would signify that Saturday's heavy defeat against a scorching form side ( who have also hit 4 past Ipswich and Wycombe recently) was merely a puncture.... wheras a defeat would signal that the perhaps the wheels are starting to come off on our season

worth considering, that despite an epic ( but ultimately losing) performance V Newcastle in the cup, the U's have only the one win this year so far!

If we play people who have featured for the majority of Newcastle and then Peterborough, and then look tired, I’ll really be worried that Robinson has lost it.

For me, Agyei, Kelly and Thorne all have to feature for at least some part of the game, and I think there’s a very strong argument for Agyei and Kelly to start. Hanson maybe could/should feature.

Mackie will start, whether we like it or not...he'll be "fresh" after only 30 minutes on Saturday.

Hope I am wrong but I can't see us getting anything from tomorrow night.

Must win IMO - The 2 points dropped at Gillingham starting to look more costly than first realised. Going to be tough game as they took us apart in the reverse fixture. He has to bring Moore back in and put Browne central.

Mackie will start, whether we like it or not...he'll be "fresh" after only 30 minutes on Saturday.
He wasn’t even on the pitch for 20. He’s definitely starting. It honestly wouldn’t surprise me to see Agyei shoved out onto the wing at some point soon, and then if (probably more like when) he doesn’t offer much and is hooked after less than an hour, it’ll be used as a stick to beat him with. I can already see it coming inside the next few games.

I think the team that starts will be:

Eastwood
Long Dickie Moore Ruffels
Thorne
Sykes Kelly
Holland Mackie Browne​

I think he won’t want Gorrin being booked and missing Sunderland so will leave him out, and I’m not sure how fit either Brannagan or Henry are. He may even drop Kelly deeper and set it up as more of a 4-2-3-1 than a 4-3-3 in the event that this is what he goes with.

Eastwood
Long Dickie Mous Ruffels
Kelly Gorrin Thorne
Holland Mackie Browne

Taylor Ageyi Sykes to come on as subs.

Eastwood
Long Dickie Mous Ruffels
Kelly Gorrin Thorne
Holland Mackie Browne

Taylor Ageyi Sykes to come on as subs.

Can't see Gorrin, Kelly and Thorne being successful together considering they are all defensive or quarterback style deep lying midfielders.

Would like to see Browne play up front as he did against Blackpool but KR won’t do that away from home so I expect a dour but spirited performance but still can’t see us winning this one

I think morale is pretty low in the squad at present. The boards inaction, the Newcastle suckerpunch and Posh, i can imagine the lads are feeling pretty flat.

If we score first we'll win, if not, i fear another defeat.

I think morale is pretty low in the squad at present. The boards inaction, the Newcastle suckerpunch and Posh, i can imagine the lads are feeling pretty flat.

If we score first we'll win, if not, i fear another defeat.

We have won once after going behind this season. The first goal pretty much defines the match outcome for us

Burton were the first team to shut down our possession play, resulting in a humbling back in August.

Have we learned from that (or any other team who've shut us down) as yet?

Hard fought 0-0.

Blackpool...when else this season?
I'm sure you're right just thought it would have happened before. I guess we did have that spell where we didn't concede for ages which is unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom