General Stadium Catering

I despise Liverpool after they cost us, and others, our rightful place in Europe.
Them bindippers are renowned for thier 'lightfingered' traits , theiving bastards rob anything, anyone and everything,..... they certainly stole OUFCs chance to play on the European stage! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'll never forget or forgive that

There are 3 football clubs I detest - Sw*nd*n T*wn, Liverpool and Leyton Orient ( All of whom play in red)

It seems like time and time again I have to correct everyone on their hatred of Liverpool over costing us our place in Europe. Heysel was the last straw for English clubs because hooliganism in England was so bad. So you can either do one of two things:

A) Blame Liverpool and all the other English clubs that had incidents of gross fan misbehaviour at the same time (see article for more details: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_hooliganism_in_the_United_Kingdom)

or

B) Blame UEFA for being heavy handed in banning every single English club because of Heysel, and the Thatcher government for supporting that move.

Let's not pretend it was just Liverpool supporters killing other fans.

But anyway, back to the topic (sort of).

Farrs are a small family-run business that I presume already pay a fee to pitch up their mobile unit at Grenoble Road. The reason why that money doesn't go to the club is well-known, and when they're looking to survive as a business and as people, they shouldn't be tossing any money towards a club that pays their players more in a week than Farrs have made since March. It's like me giving £100 to Wetherspoons in return for nothing because they've had a difficult year, £100 is pocket money for them but a decent chunk of cash for me, so where's it best going?

Last edited:
I hope Farrs survive and prosper. They interact well with fans on here, keep us updated and seem to care about doing the best they can for the fans.

I’m sure like many they have frustrations working with Stadco, they seem to do a decent job in probably not the easiest circumstances.

Afternoon all, quick update. Due to forces beyond our control there will be no catering facilities for the Northampton game. I remain in contact with OUFC to see when we can return
Huge amount of sympathy for you. It must feel like pushing s**t uphill at the moment.

Don't know what it was like in the other stands, but half time catering in the East Stand was a bit disappointing. All pies apart from the veggie option sold out, so resorted to a lava-hot pastie where the pastry was overcooked as it seemed had been in the oven too long. Beers being poured one at a time from cans into plastic pint pots (rather than the old PET plastic bottles) also slowed things down a lot. Also some confusion as to whether queues were cash only or card only.

OK it was the first game of the season? , but hope for improvement going forward.

Don't know what it was like in the other stands, but half time catering in the East Stand was a bit disappointing. All pies apart from the veggie option sold out, so resorted to a lava-hot pastie where the pastry was overcooked as it seemed had been in the oven too long. Beers being poured one at a time from cans into plastic pint pots (rather than the old PET plastic bottles) also slowed things down a lot. Also some confusion as to whether queues were cash only or card only.

OK it was the first game of the season? , but hope for improvement going forward.
Hey mark, thanks for reaching out.
So there are changes coming, I’m not at Liberty to discuss openly yet but please bear with us and you will find out shortly.

As for Saturday, yes there was issues, and we’re working on them, but to address some of your points.

Carlsberg - there is currently no plastic bottle of carlsberg in the country, actually no plastic bottles of alcohol of any kind, and I have tried, due to no festivals or events the bottle of plants have been pushing glass for retail feather then plastic, as soon as I can get my hands on them I will, trust me.

Pies, we’ve had a couple of challenges over the past couple of weeks and this has went we were unable to stock up like we usually would on pies, these challenges are now hopefully overcome, but normal service will take a few weeks to resume, more info on this soon. I promise.

tills, again due to the “challenges” I installed my new till system Friday night, with cash tills as a back up, needless to say they went pretty well but had issues, so we made the best of it.

saturdays game was ran with nearly all new staff, which also didn’t help.
As always we will do everything we can, but these first couple of games will be a bit Rocky.

stay tuned for some exciting news shortly

So there are changes coming, I’m not at Liberty to discuss openly yet but please bear with us and you will find out shortly.

As for Saturday, yes there was issues, and we’re working on them, but to address some of your points.

Carlsberg - there is currently no plastic bottle of carlsberg in the country, actually no plastic bottles of alcohol of any kind, and I have tried, due to no festivals or events the bottle of plants have been pushing glass for retail feather then plastic, as soon as I can get my hands on them I will, trust me.

Pies, we’ve had a couple of challenges over the past couple of weeks and this has went we were unable to stock up like we usually would on pies, these challenges are now hopefully overcome, but normal service will take a few weeks to resume, more info on this soon. I promise.

tills, again due to the “challenges” I installed my new till system Friday night, with cash tills as a back up, needless to say they went pretty well but had issues, so we made the best of it.

As always we will do everything we can, but these first couple of games will be a bit Rocky.

Well done for engaging so positively.

Cheers guys, we're privileged to have such an open and engaging catering team. Can't imagine many other clubs who have catering teams who actively come onto fans forums to discuss what fans would like and how to improve the matchday experience for them.

Thank you for the quick and encouraging reply. Hopefully just a few start of season teething issues. I'd heard there are a few drayman strikes coming up which are affecting draft beer deliveries.

On the plastic bottle issues and I’m guessing and speculating.

The festivals that have gone ahead over the last few weeks. Have they been plastic or glass?

Will your plastic issue be resolved anytime soon?

Reading festival is coming up and I don’t imagine them serving bottle pint glass which obviously takes time and money lost.

Will your plastic issue be resolved anytime soon?

Reading festival is coming up and I don’t imagine them serving bottle pint glass

They might buy cans instead and serve them with a plastic cup? Why do we need them in a plastic cup anyways?

They might buy cans instead and serve them with a plastic cup? Why do we need them in a plastic cup anyways?
Perm 2 from 3.......

Because football fans are thugs who will launch cans at each other/players etc. :)

The purpose of the plastic cup is to create more Global Warming.

You fancy swigging out of a can handled by someone who has to use the same "facilities" as us?

Back
Top Bottom