EPL Chris Wilder to leave Sheff Utd!

He hasn’t left the Blades yet.

Lawyers reportedly locked in compensation talks over a £7m settlement
of Chris Wilder’s contract.

EwWNY6sXEAE9YSS

Wonder if George Baldock will feature in the blades eventual new managers squad?

I always found him to be a nice bloke when I met him. I have also heard he could be a bit of a moron. In football terms he got us promoted and oversaw a fundamental professional overhaul of the club. Overall he made a huge improvement in our club and for that I will always be grateful.

You appear to view the Wilder years with rose tinted glasses. He surrendered top place to stevenage and indeed second place to Luton. He nearly fucked it up!

You got any evidence about Robinson and Blackpool by the way? Or is that your own conjecture?

To be fair, that was a really excellent Stevenage side (other than up front). They went straight up again the following year. And a bunch of their defenders and midfielders went on to have long football league careers (Bostwick, Laird, Day, Roberts, Henry etc.)
That's why getting out of the conference was such a tough job, even if you had the most money to spend. All it took was one surprisingly well-constructed, well-managed side (like Stevenage that year, or Dagenham in our first year down there) and suddenly you're in the playoff lottery.

That promotion was the most important season for the club since the 80s. Which is why, despite the fact that he's an a**e, I will always be thankful to Wilder.

As an aside - are the Blades really baulking at paying him off for 7m? He's made them north of 200m in his tenure there!

Begin with a smile: Scum are 1-2 down at home to Gillingham. Gills scored 2 in 4 minutes to come back from 1 down.

You appear to view the Wilder years with rose tinted glasses. He surrendered top place to stevenage and indeed second place to Luton. He nearly fucked it up!

You got any evidence about Robinson and Blackpool by the way? Or is that your own conjecture?

But he didn’t f**k it up did he? Gave us one of the clubs greatest days, even if it was during my prime drinking years so I can only remember bits of those couple of days (took me a while to get home) they still seem pretty special.

We were absolutely abysmal and shite non league club heading to oblivion when he took over, when he left we were a respectable league two club, that’s a successful spell in my eyes.

Considering none of us had really heard of Wilder before he came here and what he has gone to achieve (you wouldn’t of put a penny on him managing in the premier league back then) he has done brilliantly for himself, the fact that he can be a bit of a dick doesn’t detract from that.

But he didn’t f**k it up did he? Gave us one of the clubs greatest days, even if it was during my prime drinking years so I can only remember bits of those couple of days (took me a while to get home) they still seem pretty special.

We were absolutely abysmal and shite non league club heading to oblivion when he took over, when he left we were a respectable league two club, that’s a successful spell in my
This 'nearly fu**** up is totally ridiculous.
As you rightly say he did a fantastic job taking over an awful team.
His last 2 years were poor, but he took us out if the Conference- the most difficult league to get out of.
By all means dislike the guy but I am not sure how anybody who saw Patterson's team can ever not accept that he did really well this g us out if the Conference

This 'nearly fu**** up is totally ridiculous.
As you rightly say he did a fantastic job taking over an awful team.
His last 2 years were poor, but he took us out if the Conference- the most difficult league to get out of.
By all means dislike the guy but I am not sure how anybody who saw Patterson's team can ever not accept that he did really well this g us out if the Conference

It’s a bit like having a go at Rafa Benitez or Alex Ferguson for nearly f*****g up winning the champions league despite those triumphs being the among respective clubs greatest days.

If the only success that counts is winning something comfortably then we haven’t achieved anything since 1986, both Dennis Smiths and Appleton’s promotions came with ups and downs and had to be sealed on the last day.

Looks like things turned nasty at his boyhood club:

'Wilder's Sheffield United exit confirmed'

MApp has just signed a 4 year deal at Lincoln so it will cost Sheff Utd another chunk of cash in compensation to get him albeit nowhere near the £7m to release CW....

The final outcome cannot hide the facts but let's not forget that the door was always ajar and the car full of fuel just waiting to go to the next interview.

His time with us in the League was just at a time when i moved out of the county and it was hard getting motivated driving a 100 + miles round trip to witness a sterile Brand of football at home games which frustratingly and annoyingly according to reports appeared to alter for away games.

Our recent game with Pompey reminded me of when we played them and they were struggling and sat in the car park i was listening to him bigging up the name on the radio and then proceeded to play the name and adopt a sterile mundane negative approach that had me spending most of the game looking at my footwear

Back
Top Bottom