Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Going to someone elses (indoors)

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Going to someone elses (outdoors)

• Something else

• Total voters
At least Boris has sorted my problem out.

(Not as cold-hearted as it sounds, the hostel is laying on an xmas day meal and keeping the residents "confined to barracks" for the festive period)

• React
Reactions: m
B*****s, some nice plans cancelled, lucky I’ve got a decent house, a wife I get on with, a telly and a fridge full of drink!

So if boris hadn’t cancelled your plans , would you all have carrried on regardless of rising infection rates ?

Actually several were planning distanced “wave through the window” type plans anyway.

So if boris hadn’t cancelled your plans , would you all have carrried on regardless of rising infection rates ?

Actually several were planning distanced “wave through the window” type plans anyway.
One of our plans would probably have been fine and we’d still have done it, the other involved Londoners and we were going to cancel that anyway.

Didn't make any plans. Seemed daft. Agreed with the in-laws that we wouldn't make our annual pilgrimage to E.Yorks. Said to my Oxon family that we'd see how things were at the time.

More wine. Less beer. In laws were getting in some Ferrymans Gold.

Last edited:
No changes for us either, as we were having a minimal one anyway. It's just another day, not worth risking health over. Hopefully a big family catch up in May 2021, but will see how things play out.

Tier 2 for us. Both grown up daughters coming on Christmas Day . Both isolating for 5 days before they come.
Cuddle curtain in the garage as we haven’t hugged them since March. 95 years old mother in law staying at home on her own.
Boxing day, outside if it’s dry with fire bowl, food laid out in conservatory, doors open, walk in help you self, eat outside, job done.

Normally over Christmas I would visit my sister and her family with my mother and uncle one week, and with father the next week. Both parents cancelled that over a month ago, and I was planning to go over for a bottle of beer in the garden on the Sunday instead rather than full sit down meal. However despite being only 10 miles away, she is in Tier 2 and I'm Tier 4 so that's off as well now.

Anyway, from the poll it looks like 2/3 of people had already decided to postpone the big Christmas get togethers.

My good lady wife and I were due breakfast at one daughters, dinner at another daughter and tea at the other daughters. However with the current situation we were thinking of having a stay at home Christmas Day but with the arguing of who’s going where and when for my wife and I, the arguing has made it easier for us to decide to have a stay at home Christmas.....problem solved 😊

Home alone, Daughter was coming from Tongham ( Surrey ) now tier 4 on 23rd, stop over, take me to Yeovil 24th to stay with younger daughter and family, back on 28th, that has now gone kaput with the two of us home alone, huge disappointment but would rather be safe than sorry. Will watch match as usual on ifollow, at 81 intend waiting until after having jab before going much as i love the club.

Back
Top Bottom