International News Climate Change 🌍

They still don't compare well.

I`ll agree with that 100% but motoring offences rarely do, especially in cases where people sadly get killed by drivers.

The reality is that good legal representation is worth a hefty chunk off a sentence.

The IB folk mostly represented themselves and, short of taking a dump in the dock, couldn`t have done more to antagonise the court.

IB protesters will have known the potential legal consequences of their actions beforehand and will have decided it is a risk worth taking for their cause.

No point crowing about what was handed down afterwards if it was within the expected tariff for the crime. Unless of course the courts and prosecution have not followed due process....

Many causes actually use such incarceration to further their cause to demonstrate that it is so important, they are prepared to go to prison, while governments across the world continue to be asleep on the job.

Last edited:
As an aside, not minimising what they did but watching Police Interceptors tonight, a disqualified driver who was nearly 3 times over the drink driving limit and drove incredibly dangerously on the wrong side of the road (directly endangering others lives') for large chunks of it in bad weather, rammed a Police Car as well as driving at 120mph+ for long distances, only got 10 months custodial sentence and a 5 year ban on a driving licence. The sentences don't compare well as either the IB members' sentences are harsh or the disqualified driver's is very lenient when compared.

Probably a repeat offender too!

When you watch these programs a lot of these idiots are already very well known to the police. It gets on my tits to be honest.

So much police time and money wasted dealing with the same people time and again because of these very soft sentences.

3 strikes and then throw away the key.

Probably a repeat offender too!

When you watch these programs a lot of these idiots are already very well known to the police. It gets on my tits to be honest.

So much police time and money wasted dealing with the same people time and again because of these very soft sentences.

3 strikes and then throw away the key.
Absolutely. An awful lot of crime committed by a small number of habitual offenders.

Sounds like the Tory party :ROFLMAO:

Absolutely. An awful lot of crime committed by a small number of habitual offenders.

Sounds like the Tory party :ROFLMAO:

What do the following all have in common?

Elliot Morley
Chris Huhne
Jim Devine
David Chaytor
Dennis Macshane
Claudia Webbe
Fiona Onasanya
Eric Illsley

Clue? Not Tories. :ROFLMAO:

What do the following all have in common?

Elliot Morley
Chris Huhne
Jim Devine
David Chaytor
Dennis Macshane
Claudia Webbe
Fiona Onasanya
Eric Illsley

Clue? Not Tories. :ROFLMAO:
IF you really want to start a list.......surely you can do better than that. I didn't even have to take my socks off to count them....

But good to see that triggered you :ROFLMAO:

IF you really want to start a list.......surely you can do better than that. I didn't even have to take my socks off to count them....

But good to see that triggered you :ROFLMAO:

I just replied for balance that all parties have crooks in them, one was a Lib Dem as a test BTW.

Its only snowflakes that get triggered............... lefty, liberal, remainiac snowflakes. ❄️❄️❄️☃️☃️☃️

Tis all about mitigation.

I`ll take a guess that the disqual driver had a legal aid brief laying it on thick, troubled character, broken home, etc etc. The sentencing is mostly encompassed by the 5 year ban and the custodial aspect.

The IB idiots stand in the High Court admitting to breaking the injunction that very court issued and that they would happily do it again. Sometimes it is better to stay silent and take the medicine.
TBF it blows up the theory they’re all a load of middle class lefties on a jolly.
I don’t know if glueing yourself to a motorway is the best way to get the message across or not. But I think we’d all have to agree, they’re certainly committed!!

😳😳😳😳 What?!

(On the plus side, it was lovely in the garden today).

It's so sad. Future generations will ask why we largely did nothing. Our world leaders were more focused on conquering sovereign territory, committing genocide against Uighur muslims and lining their own pockets than protecting the planet.

It's so sad. Future generations will ask why we largely did nothing. Our world leaders were more focused on conquering sovereign territory, committing genocide against Uighur muslims and lining their own pockets than protecting the planet.

We (nearly) all need to take more responsibility I guess. The will from the masses just isn't there.

We (nearly) all need to take more responsibility I guess. The will from the masses just isn't there.
We do, the thing is, globally, humans would need to accept: Higher prices, fewer trips abroad, fewer clothes, less cheap s**t from China. It's not an easy sell.

We do, the thing is, globally, humans would need to accept: Higher prices, fewer trips abroad, fewer clothes, less cheap s**t from China. It's not an easy sell.

I'm doing my bit on the overseas trips as the last time I went was in the 1990s unless you count the Isle of Wight as overseas. :)

I am flying in June for my ruby wedding anniversary, unfortunately can’t see Any other way to get abroad for holidays etc, if other alternatives come up in the future that are safe and carbon neutral then I think it will be a good thing but alas can’t see anything in the horizon that will be able to be carbon neutral, so for holidays flying will be the only way for now.

I am flying in June for my ruby wedding anniversary, unfortunately can’t see Any other way to get abroad for holidays etc, if other alternatives come up in the future that are safe and carbon neutral then I think it will be a good thing but alas can’t see anything in the horizon that will be able to be carbon neutral, so for holidays flying will be the only way for now.
Air balloon ?

Back
Top Bottom