General Club/Fan Problems in a Nutshell

They have forgotten the constant - the supporters.

Happy to divide us, whist we all have one thing that unifies us.

Corporate entities don`t want supporters, least of all with a voice, they want customers who suck up the BS without question.

I`m not sure I have ever felt such a huge disconnect from the club and I am far from alone.
This.
The 'customer' remark did it for me, not only that, Williams reinforced the point more than once to Jerome during a FMFF. It's as if he was actively seeking to alienate the fanbase. As well as that, the bull they come out with, OUFC fans are not stupid, they can see right through the corporate bubble speak that is coming out of the club. There is a bit of 'them and us' mentality which has been fostered by the club which I felt was present at the fans forum.

So who thinks last night's result has papered over the cracks somewhat?

The support has never been loud. Oxford is & feels a very middle class city. No grit compared to say East or South London or the northern towns. Not sure how this can change?

The team needs to generate its own atmosphere, I haven’t seen a really exciting game up there this season which does tend to dampen the mood.

The support has never been loud. Oxford is & feels a very middle class city. No grit compared to say East or South London or the northern towns. Not sure how this can change?
It wasn’t bad in the 80’s

Back
Top Bottom