General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Colin, at least tell us the colour of the seats...

Where is the Michael Duberry statue going?

When is the ice rink being demolished and the construction of the 10 storey underground carpark beginning?

Has planning been accepted for the direct monorail line linking every major town to the stadium too?

Boy I hope I'm not going to be disappointed :)
A1 *****

I`m not aiming at you @Colin B and thanks again for cautiously saying what you can see, but what riles most of us SIAB`s is the lack of anything from our club.

Us, those plebs that throw money at them every season, every week - their customer base.

How far down the list of priorities are we?

That is what is missing and harming the relationship to an immeasurable level.

And no having the Supporters Panel certainly doesn`t cut it.
As someone recently mentioned on this thread, the lack of trust towards previous owners that have promised the world and delivered little. The current owners are taking a cautious approach and not over speculating. I'm not sure we can have it both ways.

Last edited:
I`m not aiming at you @Colin B and thanks again for cautiously saying what you can see, but what riles most of us SIAB`s is the lack of anything from our club.

Us, those plebs that throw money at them every season, every week - their customer base.

How far down the list of priorities are we?

That is what is missing and harming the relationship to an immeasurable level.

And no having the Supporters Panel certainly doesn`t cut it.
This is a difficult one. If the club have to keep it private for whatever reason to get it across the line, then I’m ok with that. After all, they would be doing so in good faith to the benefit of club and fans alike.
Yes, I agree it would be nice to hear something from the club. But again, if that’s not possible, then so be it.
I don’t know Colin B. But he does seem to know what he’s talking about, and has the clubs interests front and centre.
It’s actually a really good time for us Yellows at the moment, regardless of ground speculation. We’re playing good quality football at a descent standard at the right end of the table.
I’d take the current situation over any time between 1999 - 2014

Something is happening I remember the 1980s when we waited and waited and let's be honest the council should have done what Kassam did very short sighted. Iam patient these guys have got the money and hopefully a plan ? Let's hope they have the long term health of the club also in there plan all Oxford fans Iam sure are right behind them.

It does seem by what Colin/Scotchegg etc have been saying for a while that these new owners seem to be doing/saying the right things which will take us forward in the right direction.

One question I have to Colin/Scotchegg is, what makes you feel more confident about these new owners compared to some (most) of our previous owners e.g. won’t be selling us down the river/using us to their own gain?

It does seem by what Colin/Scotchegg etc have been saying for a while that these new owners seem to be doing/saying the right things which will take us forward in the right direction.

One question I have to Colin/Scotchegg is, what makes you feel more confident about these new owners compared to some (most) of our previous owners e.g. won’t be selling us down the river/using us to their own gain?

Would it be so much of a problem if the consortium owned the stadium and we paid to lease it? As long as the stadium was finished, a vast improvement on the kassam including capacity, facilities around the ground etc I would say we would be in a better position then we are currently even if all the current board members sell the club to someone else.

Which clubs in the championship actually own their ground outright?

The difference for me is the long term plans they have for the club and the wider community. If they were looking to make a quick buck they could invest a few extra million into the first team to get us promoted and then sell as a Championship side. But instead they've invested that money and more into developing our training facilities and youth set up without neglecting the first team.

If they wanted to build a stadium and sell it off, then they would be looking at doing it on the cheap, but the plans are far from that. This is a stadium designed for the long term, for the benefit of the club and the community. That doesn't come cheap, and alongside the wider investment shows that these guys are serious.

Of course, none of this is charitable. There will be personal gains, not least the financial opportunities that come from all of the associated businesses on the stadium development. Oxford, Bicester Village, Cotswolds all within a short distance creates a prime location for hotel, retail and leisure. Get this right and there's good money to be made. Equally, let's not forget the draw that the EPL has in the far east. TV deals and merchandise alone could be very lucrative if Oxford become the top 30 club or higher. And then there's the personal draw of being directly involved in owning a football club. It's a great base to network and show off a little! All egos need a little massaging from time to time.

So whilst I understand the concerns that many have, and those who have seen it all before. But I honestly feel that this is very different from previous journeys.

Brilliant ,let's be honest when Abramovic took over Chelsea I didn't think he would still be there. Let's hope it's our turn 🙏🤞👍

The difference for me is the long term plans they have for the club and the wider community. If they were looking to make a quick buck they could invest a few extra million into the first team to get us promoted and then sell as a Championship side. But instead they've invested that money and more into developing our training facilities and youth set up without neglecting the first team.

If they wanted to build a stadium and sell it off, then they would be looking at doing it on the cheap, but the plans are far from that. This is a stadium designed for the long term, for the benefit of the club and the community. That doesn't come cheap, and alongside the wider investment shows that these guys are serious.

Of course, none of this is charitable. There will be personal gains, not least the financial opportunities that come from all of the associated businesses on the stadium development. Oxford, Bicester Village, Cotswolds all within a short distance creates a prime location for hotel, retail and leisure. Get this right and there's good money to be made. Equally, let's not forget the draw that the EPL has in the far east. TV deals and merchandise alone could be very lucrative if Oxford become the top 30 club or higher. And then there's the personal draw of being directly involved in owning a football club. It's a great base to network and show off a little! All egos need a little massaging from time to time.

So whilst I understand the concerns that many have, and those who have seen it all before. But I honestly feel that this is very different from previous journeys.
Then if they’re such brilliant fellows they should be letting the fanbase, (thousands of whom trek up and down the country following the team spending lots of time and money in the process ), know what these long term plans are. We’re not all like you, (and the rest of the ITK brigade) , bound at the hip to someone in the ticket office.

Unimpressed with the club PR on off field matters to date.

I'm definitely not ITK and would love to know more about the plans. But I also understand that the work going on behind the scenes almost certainly involves keeping the plans quiet until the big announcment. No idea when that will be but I'm sure that when that moment comes we will all be happy, and hopefully, positive bunnies.

Then if they’re such brilliant fellows they should be letting the fanbase, (thousands of whom trek up and down the country following the team spending lots of time and money in the process ), know what these long term plans are. We’re not all like you, (and the rest of the ITK brigade) , bound at the hip to someone in the ticket office.

Unimpressed with the club PR on off field matters to date.

Have you not heard about the training ground and the investment in to the facilities there?

Have you not seen our commitment to youth development? Not heard of Tyler Goodrham, LCP, Michael Elechi, Josh Johnson etc?

Have you not heard Robinson speak of us becoming a top 30 club? Or maybe the hundreds of posts that reference this every time we lose?

Have you not seen the team over the last years to see that we're actively looking forwards build a successful side that compete at the very top of league one whilst playing attractive football?

Have you not seen the players we gave brought in, and those that we have sold for a huge profit to support a sustainable transfer policy?

And, have you not seen the endless posts about a new stadium, and the positive assurances from those who know but can't say more?

So, may I ask, what part of the plan do you still not understand?

This all sounds great and as you say there are tangible signs such as the training ground, investment in youth, and canny transfer dealings, but I don’t understand how you can know so much while the rest of us have officially been told nothing at all about ownership or ground plans.

Have you not heard about the training ground and the investment in to the facilities there?

Have you not seen our commitment to youth development? Not heard of Tyler Goodrham, LCP, Michael Elechi, Josh Johnson etc?

Have you not heard Robinson speak of us becoming a top 30 club? Or maybe the hundreds of posts that reference this every time we lose?

Have you not seen the team over the last years to see that we're actively looking forwards build a successful side that compete at the very top of league one whilst playing attractive football?

Have you not seen the players we gave brought in, and those that we have sold for a huge profit to support a sustainable transfer policy?

And, have you not seen the endless posts about a new stadium, and the positive assurances from those who know but can't say more?

So, may I ask, what part of the plan do you still not understand?

Anything on the direction the board are wanting to take us and anythng to do with a new stadium coming from the horses mouth is what we're missing.

Anything on the direction the board are wanting to take us and anythng to do with a new stadium coming from the horses mouth is what we're missing.
And as others have said, this will all happen soon. No one can say more until its formally announced.

Next year we will know.

This time next year we’ll be owned by billionaires.
6388591bfb550c182fa2d324cde3f9a1.gif

This time next year we’ll be owned by billionaires.
6388591bfb550c182fa2d324cde3f9a1.gif

The way it’s going so will every other club though, look forward to the current day version of Alex Jeanin earning a £100,000 a week playing for North Korean owned Bromley in the National league.

Would it be so much of a problem if the consortium owned the stadium and we paid to lease it? As long as the stadium was finished, a vast improvement on the kassam including capacity, facilities around the ground etc I would say we would be in a better position then we are currently even if all the current board members sell the club to someone else.

Which clubs in the championship actually own their ground outright?
Also clubs might own their own stadium but then someone always owns the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom