General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ which also explains why we aren`t "moving forward with confidence" despite the "serious businessmen engaging with" all and sundry

I`m calling a line or two on BS Bingo...

How likely is it that we will have some news on this takeover (not the stadium) before January 1st 2022

The stadium will not be in anyone's "backyard" so I think you might be over estimating those who will be against a stadium and associated businesses. Yes there will be some who object, just because they can, and I'm sure there will be concerns about traffic etc. But whilst heavier traffic might be frustrating 30 odd times a year, the pay off will be having leisure facilities, restaurants, bars etc with parking only a few mile away rather than heading into Oxford Town centre, plus plenty of job opportunities.

And even of there are objections, that doesn't mean that the project can't still proceed if it has the support of local authorities. And that's why NMcW and others have been engaging with these people for some time. These are serious businessmen who do this kind of thing all the time, and won't be moving forward without confidence that everything will go as planned.

And no, there has been no delay in the share transfer and the takeover is not linked to any council decisions.
Sorry but Stratfield brake will be in the backyard of those living opposite Sainsbury Kidlington A4260

Those doubting the reality of a new development won’t be so sure of themselves when I’m the one tucking into a Bella Italia before kickoff in a few seasons’ time. Find your own garlic bread.

Those doubting the reality of a new development won’t be so sure of themselves when I’m the one tucking into a Bella Italia before kickoff in a few seasons’ time. Find your own garlic bread.

Aye because Bella Italia is what everyone tucks into before the football.

And garlic bread will be on the list of "things that cause offence (mild)" so you`ll have to go to the chemist and get some mouthwash (alcohol free).

I had a Bella Italia before Rammstein at MK a couple of years ago. What’s the problem? Stop slagging off my carbonara.

Rammstein isn`t football now is it?

Playing at the Ricoh next year... Rammstein that is.... not Bella Italia.

The stadium will not be in anyone's "backyard" so I think you might be over estimating those who will be against a stadium and associated businesses. Yes there will be some who object, just because they can, and I'm sure there will be concerns about traffic etc. But whilst heavier traffic might be frustrating 30 odd times a year, the pay off will be having leisure facilities, restaurants, bars etc with parking only a few mile away rather than heading into Oxford Town centre, plus plenty of job opportunities.

And even of there are objections, that doesn't mean that the project can't still proceed if it has the support of local authorities. And that's why NMcW and others have been engaging with these people for some time. These are serious businessmen who do this kind of thing all the time, and won't be moving forward without confidence that everything will go as planned.

And no, there has been no delay in the share transfer and the takeover is not linked to any council decisions.
Well Kidlington is somebody’s back yard and as you say these serious businessmen won’t move forward without confidence.
They haven’t moved forward since March so perhaps their confidence on a new site is low
Another question
If land can’t be found/falls through will these serious businessmen leave?

Well Kidlington is somebody’s back yard and as you say these serious businessmen won’t move forward without confidence.
They haven’t moved forward since March so perhaps their confidence on a new site is low
Another question
If land can’t be found/falls through will these serious businessmen leave?

How do you know they haven't moved forward since March out of interest?

Do you know that or is it total idle speculation?
My suspicion is that a huge amount is going on behind the scenes and just because it isn't in the public domain , that doesn't mean that ' they haven't moved forwards since March'.
Unless you know something most of us don't?

Do you know that or is it total idle speculation?
My suspicion is that a huge amount is going on behind the scenes and just because it isn't in the public domain , that doesn't mean that ' they haven't moved forwards since March'.
Unless you know something most of us don't?
I thought the ITK’s would have known something 😂

I thought the ITK’s would have known something 😂
Perhaps they do, but are responsible enough not to post details all over the internet!

While we're at it Bazzer, why don't you knock it off with the stupid name calling and constant negativity. You do it with anything relating to the ownership change, new stadium, and supporters panel and it's very boring and tiresome. I've got a thick skin, and can put up with it, but others may not have and it's no surprise that many good and informative posters have deserted this board, faced with constant derision and divisiveness.

Just stop and think for a moment before setting your fat fingers off on your defensive reply to this. Maybe, just maybe, you're in the wrong on this, think about it.

Perhaps they do, but are responsible enough not to post details all over the internet!

While we're at it Bazzer, why don't you knock it off with the stupid name calling and constant negativity. You do it with anything relating to the ownership change, new stadium, and supporters panel and it's very boring and tiresome. I've got a thick skin, and can put up with it, but others may not have and it's no surprise that many good and informative posters have deserted this board, faced with constant derision and divisiveness.

Just stop and think for a moment before setting your fat fingers off on your defensive reply to this. Maybe, just maybe, you're in the wrong on this, think about it.
Name calling? I haven’t insulted you in anyway. The negativity you speak of must be to do with the OUSP, well sorry I don’t agree with it and I am certainly not alone I’m saying that.
I have no issues with the ownership change I have rightly asked when it will happen but not been rude about it amin any way. I quite rightly ask questions about the stadium as I and others are entitled to. You seem to know we are moving which if you been privileged to know first hand is fare enough.
Regarding the ITK’s possibly knowing but are responsible enough to not to post all over the internet is crap, they certainly don’t keep nothing else from the internet as responsible people so why now?
But I have in the past been rude to others as they have been rude to others as well so we will say no more on that.
My fat fingers have taken great pleasure in replying to your post as if memory serves me correct and I’m getting on in age so I maybe wrong but your post is the first you’ve replied or commented on to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom