General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say not so true. The last we heard from anyone board level on the stadium was the interview with Niall. He didn't rule out anything including a renewing of the licence at the Kassam. The problem with scotchers is he had been told more then us and as an affect is unsure exactly what has been said to the fanbase.
My point was that 'the takeover and the plans for the ground' are basically the whole thing ...

My point was that 'the takeover and the plans for the ground' are basically the whole thing ...
Is The only thing that I wonder about people are saying takeover and the plans for the ground, that may be all well and good but then there is the applications

Ah Bazzer, the dreaded "applications". No formal application has been lodged in any of the local districts - not even a "pre-application" which is usually the first sign of 'intent' from a developer. I am afraid that all of the ITK folk on here who think that..." things are happening "are completely off the mark and are not getting 'value' for rubbing shoulders with their contacts in the Executive Lounge at home matches. Real life will probably kick in in a couple of weeks.

Ah Bazzer, the dreaded "applications". No formal application has been lodged in any of the local districts - not even a "pre-application" which is usually the first sign of 'intent' from a developer. I am afraid that all of the ITK folk on here who think that..." things are happening "are completely off the mark and are not getting 'value' for rubbing shoulders with their contacts in the Executive Lounge at home matches. Real life will probably kick in in a couple of weeks.
Bookmarked!

Could "they" (or some shell company) already have purchased a plot that already has pre-app? See no reason why not, must be lots of such sites knocking about.

A Pre-application result is an "opinion" and not a decision. It is advice. Nothing "knocking about" Essex. "Bookmarked" Scotchers? Yep, got all of yours too.

I’m not saying it won’t happen but I do believe the expectations when the announcement by the new owners may leave a bit of a bad taste.

Well you never know but that surely would be known now

What about that post on the Kidlington group from a Councillor saying a move to Stratfield Brake from the kassam had been declined as it would cost too much? It was a while back maybe even last year but maybe it had legs as to why this consortium have decided to take control. Maybe the councils (cherwell and oxford city) want a sporting complex to accompany the stadium but can't afford to fund it).

Maybe moving all facilities under one roof so to speak, frees up land to develop for both councils to sell off but obviously the upfront cost to build needs to be there first.

I have no idea but I instinctively distrust anyone who claims to have a unique grasp on ‘real life’.

Actions speak louder than words, until it comes from the horses mouth I’m sat on that high fence, BTW please let all this be true as would love to be sat 4th in the championship smirking at those numpty Reading & Scum fans who think they’re bloody marvellous, we certainly are travelling in the right direction, here’s hoping!!!

Up The Manor!

As every day passes an announcement from Bakrie that they've tried their best but they couldn't reach an agreement with Tiger/Kassam/local councils becomes more likely.

As every day passes an announcement from Bakrie that they've tried their best but they couldn't reach an agreement with Tiger/Kassam/local councils becomes more likely.
I think there will be an announcement but for the life of me I can’t work out why the EFL are taking so long to ratify the fit and proper persons test.

Last edited:
I'll reply to @The mighty Aldo and @Essexyellows in the same post if you don't mind chaps.

Look, I have to be very careful what I say on a public forum, for obvious reasons, so please excuse me if this sounds like more vague promises, but I'll try to give you the courtesy of a reply and hope it does the job.

In terms of what is different this time, I have first hand knowledge of much more than I say on here, and a lot of very detailed and positive work has already been done, far more than people realise, but it can't quite be made public yet. The people involved, the climate we're operating in, and the means to make it happen have never been better.

I'm a fan, just like both of you, so the last thing I'd do is sell fans down the river, and the second last thing I'd do is jeopardise the club's future, which is why I really can't say any more.

Hopefully you can take this in the spirit it's intended and it helps in some small way to put yours, and other fans' minds at rest a little?
Colin
I said I wouldn’t come back on here until we have good news, but part of your reply has been bothering me over the weekend
That is you say you would” jeopardise the clubs future if you say any more”
Are you really saying a slip of the tongue by you or Scotchers or anyone else on here who seem to know what’s going on and that’s it the whole deal is off?
I find that really hard to take, if you know and others know have you all been sworn to secrecy?
There are any number of things that could fall through I get that but not because a leak gets out

Colin
I said I wouldn’t come back on here until we have good news, but part of your reply has been bothering me over the weekend
That is you say you would” jeopardise the clubs future if you say any more”
Are you really saying a slip of the tongue by you or Scotchers or anyone else on here who seem to know what’s going on and that’s it the whole deal is off?
I find that really hard to take, if you know and others know have you all been sworn to secrecy?
There are any number of things that could fall through I get that but not because a leak gets out

I reckon you'd be surprised at the affect leaking info can have. Also if he was the one to leak private details there would obviously be major personal implications.

I reckon you'd be surprised at the affect leaking info can have. Also if he was the one to leak private details there would obviously be major personal implications.
Bristol
See your point but this has been leaked already to Colin ,Scotchers, Mrs Robinsons hairdresser etc so it’s out there
If it was top top secret they would not know

Bristol
See your point but this has been leaked already to Colin ,Scotchers, Mrs Robinsons hairdresser etc so it’s out there
If it was top top secret they would not know
I think that it has been kept remarkably quiet.
Colin is close to the club and there are maybe a couple more on here who seem to know what is going on.
On the basis that presumably the Council architects, lawyers surveyors and a host of other professionals must know what is going on, confidentiality appears to have been very well maintained.
Colin is trying to give some idea of what is going on without breaching confidentiality.I for one are grateful that we seem to be receiving some information on here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom