International News Covid-19 .....

If lockdown was good for one thing it has shown us and should have shown the government the HS2 is a devastatingly expensive mistake. With the uprising of Zoom and such HS2 would be unnecessary if it was finished tomorrow let alone in 20 years. Unbelievable the government tell nurses that they can't afford a pay rise yet plough ahead with this gargantuan white elephant!

If lockdown was good for one thing it has shown us and should have shown the government the HS2 is a devastatingly expensive mistake. With the uprising of Zoom and such HS2 would be unnecessary if it was finished tomorrow let alone in 20 years. Unbelievable the government tell nurses that they can't afford a pay rise yet plough ahead with this gargantuan white elephant!
I live in an area badly affected by the HS2 construction. When I drive/cycle locally I can’t begin to describe the amount of money wasted on site. Gangs of high viz guys just sitting/standing about doing nothing for ages or worse still guys sitting/lying in their vans for most of the day with engine running to stay warm/cool. I once counted 14 of them cutting the grass around some new trees they’d planted in a field about the size of 2 footie pitches…and it took them all day which is even more bloody unbelievable as they also had a remote control lawnmower as well which I’m guessing ain’t cheap!

I live in an area badly affected by the HS2 construction. When I drive/cycle locally I can’t begin to describe the amount of money wasted on site. Gangs of high viz guys just sitting/standing about doing nothing for ages or worse still guys sitting/lying in their vans for most of the day with engine running to stay warm/cool. I once counted 14 of them cutting the grass around some new trees they’d planted in a field about the size of 2 footie pitches…and it took them all day which is even more bloody unbelievable as they also had a remote control lawnmower as well which I’m guessing ain’t cheap!

Same here mate. The school run isn't half depressing (in fairness for a number of reasons but anyway) - the fields and woods being dug up so a dozen diggers can sit there vacant whilst a lazy Worker Johnny sits in his van eating donuts!

Haven't moaned about anti-vaccers for a while, so here goes. Just watching our local news. They made the mistake of filming a vox pop and putting it on air.

One woman wouldn't have the jab because 'she's heard too many bad things about it'. Neither would she encourage her children to get jabbed. When pressed on what she'd heard, she couldn't say.

Another woman wouldn't be told what to do. She encouraged others to have parties in the street if they couldn't get into a night club because they're not vaccinated.

A young man wouldn't have it either. He couldn't explain why, but said he'd rather get Covid than have the jab. Two young children stood with him.

These people are still out there.

Haven't moaned about anti-vaccers for a while, so here goes. Just watching our local news. They made the mistake of filming a vox pop and putting it on air.

One woman wouldn't have the jab because 'she's heard too many bad things about it'. Neither would she encourage her children to get jabbed. When pressed on what she'd heard, she couldn't say.

Another woman wouldn't be told what to do. She encouraged others to have parties in the street if they couldn't get into a night club because they're not vaccinated.

A young man wouldn't have it either. He couldn't explain why, but said he'd rather get Covid than have the jab. Two young children stood with him.

These people are still out there.

Sadly so.

They`ll be OK though we have space in ventilated beds, ITU and the mortuary. They can choose.

Credit were it is due I would say a good 85%+ around these parts are masking up on buses and in shops and there is still a steady stream of folk at the Vaccine hub.

Sadly so.

They`ll be OK though we have space in ventilated beds, ITU and the mortuary. They can choose.

Credit were it is due I would say a good 85%+ around these parts are masking up on buses and in shops and there is still a steady stream of folk at the Vaccine hub.
I’ve been pleased that most people are wearing masks in shops in Oxford, even in our slightly chavvy Coop

Sadly so.

Sadly not the case in Milton Keynes. In the shopping centre on Tuesday mask wearers were in minority, I’d say 1 in 4. Also in a big restaurant in the evening zero masks, apart from my group, including all the staff.
MK also has about 10% less take up on jabs then the national average. Don’t know if that’s because it’s a new town and doesn’t have a lot of older people or it’s just full of tossers.

Sadly not the case in Milton Keynes. In the shopping centre on Tuesday mask wearers were in minority, I’d say 1 in 4. Also in a big restaurant in the evening zero masks, apart from my group, including all the staff.
MK also has about 10% less take up on jabs then the national average. Don’t know if that’s because it’s a new town and doesn’t have a lot of older people or it’s just full of tossers.

MK has been around 50 years. Not sure it is a new town anymore.

So I guess it’s full of tossers 😁

50 years is new for a town in the UK, most of them are a lot older. New College in Oxford is about 650 years old and is still called that so be a long time before it loses the new town tag.

Edit it’s also younger than 90% of the posters on here 😂.

Last edited:
Offshore branding, intellectual property and image rights is also a major issue.

Have all these registered in tax havens and tax law becomes an ass.
many of the tax havens being British overseas territories or crown dependencies (think it is half the top 10 enablers of tax abuse are linked to us) at the same time as we complain about tax avoidance (whilst doing nothing about them) makes us an ass.

Had cause to check "local vaccine uptake".

National - 88.1%

Local - 62.3%

Local MP is "blaming the government" for not paying people enough for sitting on their backsides.

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom