Sport Cricket - Summer 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve said it before and other cricket fans on here know my feelings about Sibley. The bloke is just not up to test standard, and Crawley needs to fix some issues too.

We should be looking to give others a chance like Hameed. Can’t do any worse.

I’ve said it before and other cricket fans on here know my feelings about Sibley. The bloke is just not up to test standard, and Crawley needs to fix some issues too.

Unfortunately I think the issues are much deeper than the odd opener, we've tried quite a few since Cook retired. England seem to be concentrating more on white ball cricket and marginalising the County Championship entirely in the gold-rush for short form money. When was the last round of Championship fixtures? Until we sort out the domestic game, I fear this is what we will have to get used to.

I'd actually be in favour of a franchise-based red ball domestic tournament, maybe 4 teams playing test-style matches. We can then concentrate the talent a bit and use it as a stepping stone to the Test side. Will never happen though.

Unfortunately I think the issues are much deeper than the odd opener, we've tried quite a few since Cook retired. England seem to be concentrating more on white ball cricket and marginalising the County Championship entirely in the gold-rush for short form money. When was the last round of Championship fixtures? Until we sort out the domestic game, I fear this is what we will have to get used to.

I'd actually be in favour of a franchise-based red ball domestic tournament, maybe 4 teams playing test-style matches. We can then concentrate the talent a bit and use it as a stepping stone to the Test side. Will never happen though.
spot on

England pass 100 - currently 101-3... cmon England

Woefully inadequate preparation for a big home series

LB, I can only think Hameed will be getting a chance at this rate. Sibley seems capable of doing the hard graft but doesn't have the range of attacking shots, or the ability to work the field and take advantage.

I hate to say this, but Root and Bairstow showing some promising signs (cue sound of wicket falling).

LB, I can only think Hameed will be getting a chance at this rate. Sibley seems capable of doing the hard graft but doesn't have the range of attacking shots, or the ability to work the field and take advantage.

I hate to say this, but Root and Bairstow showing some promising signs (cue sound of wicket falling).
yep ... Bairstow gone lbw for 29 ... Root 's got his 50 .... a not very inspiring 138-4 at tea , on day one

This is crap from England. It’s a bizarre mix of blockers who don’t score a lot like Burns and Sibley and counter punchers who are decent short form players without the temperament to play Tests like Bairstow and Curran. There isn’t an imprint on this team for how they want to play at all.

Watching the film ‘The Edge’ shows you that for all his overintense faults, Andy Flower wanted the England team to have an identity. Bat deep and long at the top of the order and have a middle order and some tailenders who could accelerate the innings when required. What’s the identity of this England team? The ODI and T20 teams have one. The Test side doesn’t.

Live footage as the England top order head off to the practice pitch...

folQeJ.gif

first England innings could be all over before close of play today .... terrible batting display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom