Croatia v Spain

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
Croatia put everything in just to get it to parity. The tank looks empty now and Spain look like they have an extra man with their passing. If Croatia had scored that chance at 3-3 …

Whilst the final half of extra time has started to drift, it’s been great overall.

Normally entering extra time, having just equalised that team normally goes on.

I don’t care who wins, but what I will say it’s been a fantastic match. My favourite so far!
I think Spain just have too much quality for Croatia though, who are an aging side and lack the legs they used to have (No Peresic today either) Great game though!

True, although a lot of cheating and play acting like last night. Morata needs to be given a proper Gary Briggs-like challenge.

You know the great, but ruthlessly efficient, Spanish side of 2008-12 would have won 3-1. They would have got the third and killed the game stone dead. Croatia probably wouldn't have touched the ball again.

But this Spanish side is almost likeably naive. They kept trying to play their football, kept poring forward and left some absurd gaps at the back. Made for a highly entertaining watch.

I suspect either France or Italy will see them off....but should be worth a view!

Greece played a very tight dull game but ultimately it worked amazingly well for them . A Country of 10 million and not a strong league as compared to most of the rest of Europe it was some achievement.
I'd hope we will win it with some style 😎

Back
Top Bottom