CWC 19: England V New Zealand

Should be enough.

Batting is not New Zealand's strength......they've not yet scored over 300 in the tournament.

A couple of early wickets would ease the nerves though...…..

I didnt realise that NZ hadn't scored 300 yet.
Yes a couple of early wickets including Williamson would do very nicely!

And it was going over.....
NZ are starting slightly different to England! 4 for 1 after 2.2 overs

16 for 2. Brilliant catch by Buttler.
England really should do it from.this position but Williamson and Taylor now together.

decent start by England bowling .... couple more quick wickets be handy

Williamson. Run out backing up!!
What a bit of luck for England.

timely wicket that... couple more quick wickets as well as keeping the kiwis squeezed with accurate , miserly bowling be good

16 overs gone 68-3.... aim is 238 for NZ

Taylor run out.
NZ imploding and England should win easily now

I wonder if NZ may now just try and defend their run rate by trying to avoid wickets going?

I wonder if NZ may now just try and defend their run rate by trying to avoid wickets going?
if they do that and England win this , thatll do me

87-4 ....20 overs left ...219 needed

Surprised Morgan isnt bringing the strike bowlers in for a few overs, with NZ 4 wickets down ?

hoping hes calling this right with his bowling selections

Surprised Morgan isnt bringing the strike bowlers in for a few overs, with NZ 4 wickets down ?

hoping hes calling this right with his bowling selections
Morgan isnt reading YF is he ? Wood into the attack

remove Neesham & Latham quickish ,& I ,for one, will be more optimistic for an England win

halfway through the 25 overs .... 123-5 ....185 needed

Neesham gone on 19 , bowled by Wood ...lets have a couple more of deliveries the same as that one

remove the two at the crease quickly & England should have fairly plain sailing to the end of the match

c'mon England squeeze em n dont let them settle, get em needing to swing at the ball

Fair play to England.
What looked like 2 tough games but England will have won both quite comfortably under a lot of pressure.
It looks like a Semi v India v Edgbaston unless Aus lose to S Africa

du Grandhomme gone on 3 bowled Stokes, caught Root.... 128-6 .... 1st ball of the 29th over

target 177 ...c'mon England finish this match off fast

Back
Top Bottom