Ex Player Dickie

Not forgetting that great division two defender we had, Garry Smart. Didn’t get any goals but very good at being chased back towards the danger area
Ahh Garry “I only run backwards” Smart.

I remember Colin Clarke scoring a similar goal as Dickie’s at the Manor in the 80s. It went like a bullet into the net at the London road from a similar distance. Can’t remember who against.

Yes, very similar goals. I think it was against Sunderland ? In the 70's though, not 80's.

Not forgetting that great division two defender we had, Garry Smart. Didn’t get any goals but very good at being chased back towards the danger area
Gary Smart always occupied a place on the goal line when defending set pieces.... he cleared countless goalbound shots off the line

I remember Colin Clarke scoring a similar goal as Dickie’s at the Manor in the 80s. It went like a bullet into the net at the London road from a similar distance. Can’t remember who against.
It was against Sunderland

Making reference to the club's policy regarding potential departures, Warburton has admitted that QPR are set to increase their valuations of their key players due to the fact that the window is set to close next week.

Speaking to West London Sport about the Hoops' policy, Warburton said: “There will be a point when, towards the end of the window, the value goes up.

“If a player is worth a price and someone comes in with a bid for three times that then the board would look at it because it makes financial sense.

“You have a value of a player.

"It’s as simple as that.

"And the nearer you get to the end of the window the value increases appropriately.”

Making reference to the club's policy regarding potential departures, Warburton has admitted that QPR are set to increase their valuations of their key players due to the fact that the window is set to close next week.

Speaking to West London Sport about the Hoops' policy, Warburton said: “There will be a point when, towards the end of the window, the value goes up.

“If a player is worth a price and someone comes in with a bid for three times that then the board would look at it because it makes financial sense.

“You have a value of a player.

"It’s as simple as that.

"And the nearer you get to the end of the window the value increases appropriately.”
That makes sense to me.
If clubs want him why leave it to the last minute, leaving the selling club with little chance to replace them?

Gary Smart always occupied a place on the goal line when defending set pieces.... he cleared countless goalbound shots off the line
In the days of personalised kit sponsorship, I sponsored Gary Smart (sounds like the opening line of a Kit Sponsors Anonymous meeting). The season would start and every squad player and youth prospect would have a sponsor, but not Gary who was a first team regular. He and Matt Murphy would cop absolute dogs abuse and I couldn‘t quite see why. Mind you, my pet hate was Martin Gray, scuttling around, passing backwards and pointing forwards. Mind you, even that seems slightly mental on reflection.

That makes sense to me.
If clubs want him why leave it to the last minute, leaving the selling club with little chance to replace them?
I think it is also good to let the QPR fans know that no player is above being sold if the price is right. Rather than the stock "no-one is for sale", it's almost a "come and get him but make sure it's a very decent bid", and make it quick or the price will go up. The money washing around in the EPL means he could get a very good fee for QPR

In the days of personalised kit sponsorship, I sponsored Gary Smart (sounds like the opening line of a Kit Sponsors Anonymous meeting). The season would start and every squad player and youth prospect would have a sponsor, but not Gary who was a first team regular. He and Matt Murphy would cop absolute dogs abuse and I couldn‘t quite see why. Mind you, my pet hate was Martin Gray, scuttling around, passing backwards and pointing forwards. Mind you, even that seems slightly mental on reflection.
To be fair, I wasn’t a fan of Martin Gray either.

Dave Smith on the other hand, I thought was excellent, a real unsung hero.

To be fair, I wasn’t a fan of Martin Gray either.

Dave Smith on the other hand, I thought was excellent, a real unsung hero.

I liked Martin Gray. Did a team role and knew his limitations. Excellent, combative tackler who often won the ball back and sensibly passed to the nearest Oxford player as he wasn't the best passer. Him and Smudger together gave our wide players the freedom to be creative.

So what’s the sell on clause?

If qpr get promoted this guy is Ben White value . Once again the bbc raving about him

Attachments

• F599D52E-321F-4A43-B880-6D1B33FAAC4D.png
    F599D52E-321F-4A43-B880-6D1B33FAAC4D.png
    428 KB · Views: 73
So what’s the sell on clause?

If qpr get promoted this guy is Ben White value . Once again the bbc raving about him
Has got to be a banker for a decent transfer fee in the future. Never seen him have a bad game.

Wasn't 20% - 25% banded around?

20% sell on, and with Newcastle one of the clubs showing an interest we could be in for a profitable January.

A chunk of that money could be spent on someone like Cole Stockton from Morecombe or Ryan Hardie from Plymouth to take us to the next level.

Has got to be a banker for a decent transfer fee in the future. Never seen him have a bad game.

Wasn't 20% - 25% banded around?
I have. When he first signed he was a bit of a liability. He has been brilliantly coached and put in the hours and will have a great career at the top level.

Back
Top Bottom