Dominic Cummings and goings ....

Should Dominic Cummings stay or go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've just listened to a bloke that knows the proper public enquiry is likely to underline the failings of the leadership of which he was an integral part, taking the opportunity to get his "remorse" in first and attempt to distance himself and direct the fallout.

He should stand for parliament.....

Last edited:
The Cummings’ revelations are far more damning than I anticipated. Although do marry up with a lot of my own suspicions.

I think Johnson’s indestructibility is built on people’s fears of Brexit being overturned. We’re already far beyond the point of no return. Once that sinks in with the public, Johnson will be just as fallible as any other Prime Minster.

This Country needs a real leader (Labour or Conservative). The public need to realise Brexit’s been delivered and now talented politicians are what we need to move forward.

The search starts now.............. just watching Angela Rayner......... snipping the headlines, saying what was done wrong but not saying what she/they would do differently.

I see the tabloids are scrabbling to discredit a man that only 12 months ago were desperate for us to believe!
Hopefully, this post truth dystopia the PM, DC and the Tabloids have all worked so hard to achieve will come crashing down around their ankles!!

Westminster hath no theatre like a narcissist scorned.

He just confirms what many of us have been saying about this government for a very long time. Incompetent narcissistic, nest-feathering bunch of swamp dwellers. It simply reinforced that money matters more than lives to these contemptible shysters, whose priorities and immorality are directly responsible for thousands upon thousands of unnecessary deaths.

If we weren't living in some kind of alternative dystopian/Orwellian version of reality, they should be facing criminal proceedings for their part in it.

They still might in the fullness of time of course, but not now when it really matters, unless parliament grow a backbone and find some morals (yeah...right!).

Instead they will convince the gullible that they should be eternally grateful that the government haven't killed them too by giving them a vaccine and a chance of survival whilst they greatly shortened the odds of them contracting, getting ill from and potentially dying of a virus that they have helped spread through both their actions and inaction in the first place.

What a time to be alive....literally!

Just remember we should be grateful to Bojo and the grubby chumocracy that we plebs are still breathing, while we mourn the loved ones who weren't afforded that luxury.

The search starts now.............. just watching Angela Rayner......... snipping the headlines, saying what was done wrong but not saying what she/they would do differently.
I think listen to, and follow the scientific advice would be a given, wouldn’t it?

Or maybe having some sort of emergency plan detailing what they would do in the the event of a respiratory virus going pandemic? The one that the science said was very likely? Or acting quickly rather than dithering? Or closing the borders about a year earlier?

Or maybe having some sort of emergency plan detailing what they would do in the the event of a respiratory virus going pandemic? The one that the science said was very likely? Or acting quickly rather than dithering? Or closing the borders about a year earlier?

The irony on plans for a pandemic, as pointed out by a Local Authorities Emergency Planner on Newsnight, was that there were plans for such an event at a local level (just under a different label) but it appears plans didn't exist at a national level. It also appears that the Govt got told of these local plans and rather than adopt/adapt them, they pretty much jettisoned them.

I'd also chuck in how the Care Homes were treated/ignored (other than the meaningless, empty, not backed up "ring of steel" comment) by the Govt early on especially after the experiences in Europe before it hit us.

The irony on plans for a pandemic, as pointed out by a Local Authorities Emergency Planner on Newsnight, was that there were plans for such an event at a local level (just under a different label) but it appears plans didn't exist at a national level. It also appears that the Govt got told of these local plans and rather than adopt/adapt them, they pretty much jettisoned them.

I'd also chuck in how the Care Homes were treated/ignored (other than the meaningless, empty, not backed up "ring of steel" comment) by the Govt early on especially after the experiences in Europe before it hit us.
I think everybody has misinterpreted the "ring of steel" intent.

It was clearly intended to knowingly allow infected patients to be released into care homes...and then put a ring of steel in place to allow the virus to do its worst in the care home and not let anyone out again until it had.

The discussion about Whitehall being able to react & respond quickly and work in an agile manner spoke volumes about the entire public sector where folk are "programmed" to be risk-averse, not through the consequences of their decisions, but to create work for others further up the tree.
What an absolute pile of stinking poo! Your usual anti public sector vastly generalised tosh.

Some of the most un+agile (what's the opposite to agile? 🥴) businesses I've worked with are 'top' private sector companies. Once when I had reason to bring in a manager from a contractor (FTSE top 100 company) because of missed deadlines and poor quality work I asked him how he managed and monitored his staff to ensure their output would be correct and on time. He said he didn't because he knew if they were failing I'd tell him!! True story.

He was being very dramatic in his grilling by MPs. The piece I think is really over dramatic was his “ tens of thousands died needlessly “
A man scorned.
If some of what he said yesterday is bull s**t then some sort of charges gave to be preferred to Cummings.
I didn’t catch all of yesterday’s dramatisation but did he say the Mrs had coronavirus and that was the reason he had to travel but said it was actually men trying to break into his house sleuth threats to kill? If that was what I heard then that shows what a liar he is

spoke volumes about the entire public sector where folk are "programmed" to be risk-averse
Maybe if they were limited companies that could walk away from their responsibilities with their yachts intact and their employees down the job centre al la Philip Green they might take a few more risks.

He was appointed by Johnson. Sound/perceptive appointment? Maybe someone should take responsibility for this choice. I won’t hold my breath.

Westminster hath no theatre like a narcissist scorned.

He just confirms what many of us have been saying about this government for a very long time. Incompetent narcissistic, nest-feathering bunch of swamp dwellers. It simply reinforced that money matters more than lives to these contemptible shysters, whose priorities and immorality are directly responsible for thousands upon thousands of unnecessary deaths.

If we weren't living in some kind of alternative dystopian/Orwellian version of reality, they should be facing criminal proceedings for their part in it.

They still might in the fullness of time of course, but not now when it really matters, unless parliament grow a backbone and find some morals (yeah...right!).

Instead they will convince the gullible that they should be eternally grateful that the government haven't killed them too by giving them a vaccine and a chance of survival whilst they greatly shortened the odds of them contracting, getting ill from and potentially dying of a virus that they have helped spread through both their actions and inaction in the first place.

What a time to be alive....literally!

Just remember we should be grateful to Bojo and the grubby chumocracy that we plebs are still breathing, while we mourn the loved ones who weren't afforded that luxury.

Quite. Nothing that weirdo Cummings said came as any form of surprise yet it’s billed as explosive. It’s like Sunderland ‘til I Die or the Meghan and Harry interview – billed as ‘WTF?!’ but actually nothing you don’t already know about. A mild Twitter storm on the day but it’ll be forgotten about by this time next week and this appalling, chaotic government will continue without a credible opposition (SNP are the best option for holding the government accountable) to give them a hard time. When Joris Bohnson can shag around and not know how many children he has, make up policy on the hoof and bumble his way through PMQs every week and still stay in power, what hope is there?

It doesn’t help that Cummings now comes across as a jilted lover and is keen to wash dirty linen in public. His legitimacy ended with the rose garden interview so no matter how much s**t he throws at Johnson and Hancock, the public won’t buy all of it. He still stood by his eye sight drive story too albeit with the added security and safety aspect. He’s yesterday’s news (literally) now and despite his apologies, I don’t think his comments will actually have a blind bit of difference on the BoJo government.

If Cummings wants to drop memes, it’s all very ‘Old Man Yells at Cloud’.

Quite. Nothing that weirdo Cummings said came as any form of surprise yet it’s billed as explosive. It’s like Sunderland ‘til I Die or the Meghan and Harry interview – billed as ‘WTF?!’ but actually nothing you don’t already know about. A mild Twitter storm on the day but it’ll be forgotten about by this time next week and this appalling, chaotic government will continue without a credible opposition (SNP are the best option for holding the government accountable) to give them a hard time. When Joris Bohnson can shag around and not know how many children he has, make up policy on the hoof and bumble his way through PMQs every week and still stay in power, what hope is there?

It doesn’t help that Cummings now comes across as a jilted lover and is keen to wash dirty linen in public. His legitimacy ended with the rose garden interview so no matter how much s**t he throws at Johnson and Hancock, the public won’t buy all of it. He still stood by his eye sight drive story too albeit with the added security and safety aspect. He’s yesterday’s news (literally) now and despite his apologies, I don’t think his comments will actually have a blind bit of difference on the BoJo government.

If Cummings wants to drop memes, it’s all very ‘Old Man Yells at Cloud’.

Johnson will go only when the Tory Party think he has outlived his usefulness or has finally become a liability.

Angela Raynor sticking her oar in to this Cumming interview by repeating that thousands have died needlessly. If this is true then there has to be ramifications which should mean another election to see if people trust the Tory party. She also said 127,000 parole need answers, tragically this is a pandemic that has caused deaths all over the world is she saying we shouldn’t have had any?

Angela Raynor sticking her oar in to this Cumming interview by repeating that thousands have died needlessly. If this is true then there has to be ramifications which should mean another election to see if people trust the Tory party. She also said 127,000 parole need answers, tragically this is a pandemic that has caused deaths all over the world is she saying we shouldn’t have had any?

Tbf, the Care Homes scandal and the dithering over lockdowns, the failure to close borders etc will likely have caused 000s to die needlessly.

Johnson will go only when the Tory Party think he has outlived his usefulness or has finally become a liability.
He wont be pushed for a while, as who would want to step into the PM role at the moment, an ongoing pandemic, Brexit issues still bubbling away, the economy is understandably shot, SNP pushing for another referendum... but I would expect once these things appear to be in a more manageable place the daggers will start to be sharpened!

Back
Top Bottom